ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Informaton regarding Life in UK Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wphsmpteir1

Informaton regarding Life in UK Test

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi,

I am preparing for the Life in UK Test and appearing for Test in early July. I have a study guide by Paul Lancaster and Mary-Ann Coull published in April 2007 first edition. Plus I am going thru the online tests.

I have found that certain laws like the Minimum Age for buying tobacco was changed in Oct 2007 to 18 years, which are not reflected in the study guide. Similarly there may be other laws/figures that may have changed subsequently.

It will really help if those who have passed this test can guide me -

a) Is the above guide sufficient
b) Have much changed since 2007 in terms of official guide
c) Would you recommend a guide/question bank
d) Like the above tobacco law, are there other laws/figures changed that will effect 2010 exam. Should the correct answere be limited to April 2007 published guide or latest laws/figures.
e) Is the exam updated every year and when... i.e. like in Theory Driving test there is new stuff added each year (I think in August/Sept) time.

I wasn't sure if this is the right section, however since Life in UK Test is a requirement for ILR, I thought I will use ILR section. If I am wrong please suggest the right section on the forum.

Thanks

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:27 pm

The best guide to buy is the official guide published by the Home Office and available from most bookshops.

daffodilsister
Newly Registered

Yes, just study the Home Office Guide

Post by daffodilsister » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 pm

I took the test last week, and all of the questions were from the book. I don't think they will ask you anything that conflicts with current or recent changes to the information listed in the book. So don't worry about changes in law; just study the book : )

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:17 pm

You can also practise questions from the below link:

http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks folks

I started going thru the following and it has exhaustive collection
http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/1

Provided I remmember the answeres, do you think going thru these will be sufficient to pass?

durian

Post by durian » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi

I sat for my KoL in the UK text in 2007 and all I had was the official publication from the Stationery Office. There was a section or two of that guide which I thought was surely needing updating but didn;t think much of it. The exam itself was fine- they don't mean to catch you out and there wasn't any trick questions.

Try to enjoy reading it and don't take it too seriously, I actually found a few facts quite interesting for bedtime reading! :)

Good luck.

mteja
United Kingdom

Post by mteja » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:50 pm

daffodilsister, which book exactly? as you have just said the book!

Am about to sit for my test as well!

Many thanks
togetherness as one

t070576

Post by t070576 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:57 am

Does anyone know anywhere you could download the official book pdf file or any cd material please?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:32 am

search torrents sites. I am sure you will fine something. But best way is to get official CD (which also comes with pdf) using which you can simulate the exam.
Besides, the link provided in previous thread is also good. It consists of over 1000 questions which is more than enough.
t070576 wrote:Does anyone know anywhere you could download the official book pdf file or any cd material please?