ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiring Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ozzy_123
Newly Registered

Passport expiring Help

Post by ozzy_123 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:04 pm

HI everyone,
My current student visa is expiring on 30th of JUNE and my passport is expiring on 30th of November 2010,, i need to know that shaall i send my application to Home Office with the current passport or shall i renew my passport and then send it?

Please give expert opinion as this is urgent..!!

Regards

abbasijee
Newly Registered

Re: Passport expiring Help

Post by abbasijee » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:15 am

ozzy_123 wrote:HI everyone,
My current student visa is expiring on 30th of JUNE and my passport is expiring on 30th of November 2010,, i need to know that shaall i send my application to Home Office with the current passport or shall i renew my passport and then send it?

Regards
I don't think its an issue as in my case, my passport expired while my visa was still valid. I renewed my passport and attached the old one with it. When my visa wa due to renewal I had to send both passport to home office for further extention. The only other thing I had to do was to keep both passport while travelling.

NiceCareing

Post by NiceCareing » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 pm

If you have some time and you can get new passport then it is better to get new extension on new passport (But 30th June close ). usually Home office take long time to send your passport back but it shouldn't be a problem as you will get ID card they will not put any sticker in your passport you can apply for new passport when u get your passport back.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Passport expiring Help

Post by ash786 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 pm

ozzy_123 wrote:HI everyone,

Regards
1. Get the PSW out of the way first and then just renew your pasport as its not a problem.