ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents for ILR under 10 years Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alex2010
Newly Registered

Supporting documents for ILR under 10 years Long Residence

Post by alex2010 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:47 pm

Dear All,

I will be eligible to apply for ILR under 10 years Long Residence rule in Aug 2010. Currently, I am on a Tier 1 General Visa. I have 10 years continuous lawful stay in the UK from Sep 2000: 5 yrs study + 1 yr SEGS +1yr study + 2 yr PSW + 1 yr Tier1.

I want to ask those who have successfully obtained the ILR a question. When you submit your applicaiton, what supporting documents do you provide to the UKBA?

Many thanks!

foxy

Post by foxy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:07 am

Your passports and the Life in the UK test result.

alex2010
Newly Registered

Post by alex2010 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:39 pm

As the UKBA is clamping down the Long Residnece ILR, do you think it is better to use an OISC approved law firm to submit the application even for straight application? Will it make any differences?

I met an immigration advisor and she gave me a list of supporting documents required for the 10yr ILR. She sounds quite professional. I am wondering whether the UKBA case worker will treat the case sent from Legal Representative more carefully.

Many thanks!

foxy

Post by foxy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:58 am

It's your decision at the end of the day. If you feel you need assistance to send your application, by all means, go ahead. I am not sure why you say the Home Office is "clamping down" - there has been no evidence to this effect so far. Further, have you considered this could also be just a case of a lawyer trying to sell her services? Why is she offering you a list of documents when everything you need is very clearly specified at the back of the application form itself?

From experience, if your case is straightforward and your passports cover all your stay with no gaps, then only send what is needed. What you really do not want is to send more documents than is required and should they decide to look at them (unlikely) and find therein a discrepancy, they may well refuse you!

You may also wish to read the 50-page long thread on waiting times for 10 year ILRs for some insight into people's experiences. It's a sticky at the top of this forum.

I can also safely say you will find on this forum very good advice which by far will surpass whatever you may receive from any law firm. Watch out for the mods and gurus. Some are indeed very knowledgeable.

rubiesSE
Newly Registered

Post by rubiesSE » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi Alex2010
Hope you've been able to sort out your ILR.
I noticed that u said u've has continous stay in the UK under the SEGS for 1yr, a student for 1 yr and a PSW for 2 years. I'm quite interested in this as I'm in a similar situation: 4yr student + 1 yr SEGS + 2 yr WP + 1yr Student and now I want to apply for the PSW.

I have been given conflicting advice that about whether I can apply for the PSW since I previously had a 1yr SEGS visa.

Can you please let me know if you indeed were able to do this and what you had to do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated by anybody that has been in a similar situation

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 pm

rubiesSE wrote:I have been given conflicting advice that about whether I can apply for the PSW since I previously had a 1yr SEGS visa.
Leave to enter / remain as Tier 1 (PSW) migrant will not be granted (245X(b) and 245Z(f)(vii)).

regards

BobbyUKENG

Post by BobbyUKENG » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:04 pm

foxy wrote:It's your decision at the end of the day. If you feel you need assistance to send your application, by all means, go ahead. I am not sure why you say the Home Office is "clamping down" - there has been no evidence to this effect so far. Further, have you considered this could also be just a case of a lawyer trying to sell her services? Why is she offering you a list of documents when everything you need is very clearly specified at the back of the application form itself?

From experience, if your case is straightforward and your passports cover all your stay with no gaps, then only send what is needed. What you really do not want is to send more documents than is required and should they decide to look at them (unlikely) and find therein a discrepancy, they may well refuse you!

You may also wish to read the 50-page long thread on waiting times for 10 year ILRs for some insight into people's experiences. It's a sticky at the top of this forum.

I can also safely say you will find on this forum very good advice which by far will surpass whatever you may receive from any law firm. Watch out for the mods and gurus. Some are indeed very knowledgeable.
Thanks for your information,

I would like to ask you a bit more on this thread. HO got any plans to Remove ten years ILR from April 2012?

If so what happens to the applicants who miss this by months?

I got my Passport and also I can say for sure that there are no gaps in my extensions, can you please let me know what docs I have to send in my case?
Thanks in advance

amrishism
Newly Registered

Re: Supporting documents for ILR under 10 years Long Residen

Post by amrishism » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Alex2010,
I am in a similar situation currently.
Please share your experience of how you managed to receive your ILR.
Cheers.

shahabrar
Newly Registered

Re: Supporting documents for ILR under 10 years Long Residen

Post by shahabrar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:20 am

Hi Guys And Gurus
Need your help bit confused about my long residency 10 year ILR
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
Can my dependents apply with me?
If no will I have to apply their visa after my ILR?
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
will wait for your feedback guys
Thanks in Advance