ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MadlyInLove786
Newly Registered

Fiance visa - Pakistan

Post by MadlyInLove786 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:14 pm

My Husband is from Pakistan and I'm a British Citizen , we haven't yet married legally here in UK or in Pakistan, all we have done is had Nikaah (religious marriage) and the rules state that both me and my husband have to be 21 to apply for fiance visa so we can get married here. I'm 19, he's past 21 but i am pregnant so i wondered if there's any exception for pregnant women or any other type of visa? I know it's unlikely. Otherwise is there any other way we could do this i.e me going to Pakistan and marrying him there and registering it and then coming here when I reach 21? He's already had 2 visit visas and the current one runs out in october though he is back in Pakistan not here at the moment...

Can anyone help please :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:17 pm

No exceptions I'm afraid otherwise it would encourage people to fall pregnant!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Yes I would strongly advise you to go spend sometime with your husband in Pakistan and when you are both 21, apply then.

There is absoloutely no way round this rule. Whilst there teach your husband some English because probally by the time you apply this test will be mandatory in order to get visa

MadlyInLove786
Newly Registered

Post by MadlyInLove786 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:29 pm

He knows english perfectly. hmm so you think we should go to Pakistan instead he was thinking the same :) Yeah i thought it's unlikely to be any exceptions for pregnant women but worth asking !! :D

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:02 pm

If you can go to Pakistan, that seems your best option. Provided there's no problem in you getting permission to live there for a while, are you happy for your baby to be born there?

If you feel that you have to stay in the UK, then your husband might be able to apply for a visa after the baby is born, for a person exercising the right of access to a child resident in the UK.

Although this appears to be a visa for separated parents, there is in fact no requirement for this to be the case. It's cheaper than a spouse visa, and leads to ILR in 1 year as well... I started another thread about it for the very reason you are posting (wondering about its suitability for under-21 spouses who already have a child). I'll try to dig it up. Fairly shortly I should also be able to give some anecdotal evidence of my own as well...

abimaro1
Newly Registered

Post by abimaro1 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:40 am

@ madlyinluv

you story is js like ours , i was in uk for 3 years n we were basically together all those years in a relationship and then in 2009 we decided to marry and found dat age has been raised to 21 , i had to come back and now im applyin in 1st week of july as i turn 21 end of june ,

i came in november so all these months av been so hard , we r missin eac oda so much but wt can u do ! nuthik
wait til ure 21 !! dts wt we were told n our wait is nearly over !
plz pray for us as wwelll