ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SHOULD I APPLY FOR FIANCEE VISA OR SPOUSE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abimaro1
Newly Registered

SHOULD I APPLY FOR FIANCEE VISA OR SPOUSE VISA

Post by abimaro1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:53 pm

hi guys.
i am just ready to apply for a family visa , but i dont know which category
fiancee or spouse . :?:

the reason why i am confused is , that
i was in uk from oct 2006 to oct 2009 as a student . and me and gf ( now wife , as we did islamic nikkah in london september 2009) were in a relationship.

we wanted to marry in 2009 , but we found out that minimum age required was raised to 21 , while she was over 21 i wasnt so we could not do that !

we did islamic nikkah in september 2009 and i left uk october 2009 , waitin to turn 21 in my country and then apply for visa !!

now do i qualify to apply as a fiancee or spouse on the basis of religious islamic nikkah certificate ? or the ECO wont accept Nikkah done in London Mosque ?

we have our pictures from 2005 (when she came pak ) and then througout 2006 to 2009 .... greeting cards , international calling cards we use to call each other and some emails to show our contact ....we also have mobile phone bills showin our regular contact througout those years !

what i dont have is , nikkah pictures , as it was js a small ceremony witnessd by two freinds in a mosque !

what will be the best thing to do ? apply for spouse or fiancee ?

do we have to show that we lived together at one adress ? because we did for 2 months september october , and i have mobile phone bills and dvla at same adress ? and shes applyin for the visa from the same adress as well !

in the visa application form , what do i state , single married or what ??
please helpppppppppppp

bbbb
BANNED

Re: SHOULD I APPLY FOR FIANCEE VISA OR SPOUSE VISA

Post by bbbb » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:20 am

abimaro1 wrote:hi guys.
i am just ready to apply for a family visa , but i dont know which category
fiancee or spouse . :?:

the reason why i am confused is , that
i was in uk from oct 2006 to oct 2009 as a student . and me and gf ( now wife , as we did islamic nikkah in london september 2009) were in a relationship.

we wanted to marry in 2009 , but we found out that minimum age required was raised to 21 , while she was over 21 i wasnt so we could not do that !

we did islamic nikkah in september 2009 and i left uk october 2009 , waitin to turn 21 in my country and then apply for visa !!

now do i qualify to apply as a fiancee or spouse on the basis of religious islamic nikkah certificate ? or the ECO wont accept Nikkah done in London Mosque ?

we have our pictures from 2005 (when she came pak ) and then througout 2006 to 2009 .... greeting cards , international calling cards we use to call each other and some emails to show our contact ....we also have mobile phone bills showin our regular contact througout those years !

what i dont have is , nikkah pictures , as it was js a small ceremony witnessd by two freinds in a mosque !

what will be the best thing to do ? apply for spouse or fiancee ?

do we have to show that we lived together at one adress ? because we did for 2 months september october , and i have mobile phone bills and dvla at same adress ? and shes applyin for the visa from the same adress as well !

in the visa application form , what do i state , single married or what ??
please helpppppppppppp

Have a look at this

Hope the link will help u to ake u decision