ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAINTENANCE OF FUNDS (MAIN APPLICANT+2 DEPENDENTS)!Confused!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shughal

MAINTENANCE OF FUNDS (MAIN APPLICANT+2 DEPENDENTS)!Confused!

Post by shughal » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:29 am

Hi All & Seniors,

I been in UK for more than 4 years & I am going to apply for visa extention under the Tier4(Student) for the first time in July. My College is Outside the London. I am here with my wife and a kid. Can someone plz tell me, how much i am supposed to have in the Bank account for 28 days????????????
I am really confused abt the money related to me(Main applicant) & dependents.

Kind regards

rizwanvu

hello

Post by rizwanvu » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:09 am

because u r living and studing outside london thats why you need for your self 600*2=1200 and for ur two family members 400*2=800 and second 400*2=800 so its mean total need fund 1600+800+800=3200 pound for 28 days in ur account but you have to show your first year fee of course paid or remaing. i dont know your first year fee thats why i cany say how much but you have to show first year fee paid or in ur account. thanks
RIZWAN

Nat3110
Newly Registered

MAINTENANCE OF FUND

Post by Nat3110 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:32 pm

DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW THE TUITION FEE IN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR 28 DAYS??? OR THE REMAINING AMOUNT YOU OWE TO THE UNIVERSITY??

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:35 pm

The main point is that: if your current visa is Tier 4 and you are going to extend it or you have been to UK on other visa and now want to apply to extend your leave under Tier 4?

Nat3110
Newly Registered

MAINTENANCE OF FUND

Post by Nat3110 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:13 pm

I wanted to know apart from the maintenance funds which I have to show on my account for 28days. What about the tuition fees that i owe to my university. For e.g My tuition fees is Rs 10,000 .I have already paid 5000£ and i need to show £5000 on my bank account. DOes that £5000 (university tuition fee) need to be in my account for 28days (same rule as maintenance fees) or it doesnt matter.

letsgo2uk
Newly Registered

Post by letsgo2uk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 pm

hi shughal

If you are currently studying or have recently finished studying in the UK
Your money requirement will be lower if you completed a course of study in the UK that was at least six months long in the past four months, or if you have completed at least six months of a course which you are currently studying here. You must be or have been in one of the following immigration categories:
Tier 4 (Child) student
Tier 4 (General) student
postgraduate doctor or dentist
student (under the rules in place before 31 March 2009)
student nurse
student re-sitting an examination
student writing up a thesis
student union sabbatical officer
If you meet this requirement, the money you will need is:
Length of course Where will study Money needed
Nine months or less Inner London
Course fees
and
£800 for each calendar month of the course, up to a maximum of £1,600
Nine months or less Outside inner London
Course fees
and
£600 for each calendar month of the course, up to a maximum of £1,200
More than nine months Inner London
First year of course fees
and
£1,600 to cover living costs for two months
More than nine months Outside inner London
First year of course fees
and
£1,200 to cover living costs for two months

For dependent outside London 400 X 2, inside London 533 X 2

Regards

letsgo2uk
Newly Registered

Post by letsgo2uk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi Nat3110

You need to show your remaining course fees (28 days in bank)

Money to cover your course fees
Close
If you are applying to start a new course, you must show that you have enough money to pay your course fees for the first year of your course (or for the entire course, if it lasts less than a year).
If you have already started your course and you are applying to extend your stay so that you can continue that course, you must show that you have enough money to pay your course fees:
to the end of the current academic year; or
for the next academic year, if you will continue on your course at the start of the next academic year.
If you are applying to do a 'st udy abroad' programme in the UK as part of an overseas course, you must show that you have enough money to pay any fees you need to pay to the Tier 4 sponsor for the first year of the programme (or for the entire programme, if it is less than a year long).
Your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) tells us the amount of money you need to show to pay your course fees. If you do not know what this amount is, you must ask your Tier 4 sponsor.