ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone been to Portugal using an EEA Family member permit?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giruzz

Anyone been to Portugal using an EEA Family member permit?

Post by giruzz » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:27 am

Hello,

I am planning to go to Portugal with my girlfriend. We are living in the UK and she has a EEA Family member permit.

The Portuguese embassy does not reply to emails and does not mention anything about EEA Family member permits on their website.

However, when I called them they said that she 'should' (yes...'should') be able to enter Portugal.

Anyone has ever done it? I don't want to book flights, hotel and car just to be sent back once we try to go there.

Regards,

giruzz

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:31 am

I suppose you mean residence card. I remember having been once on a webpage (foreign ministry?) which stated that Portugal implemented visa-free travel. Otherwise I do not remember of any reports here. Just a thought: Would be going to Spain first be an option?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:51 am

Well, their implementation suggest so in Article 4, Section 3 without further conditions.

giruzz

Post by giruzz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:49 pm

86ti wrote:Well, their implementation suggest so in Article 4, Section 3 without further conditions.
Thanks!

Giruzz