ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa , Marriage Card in Hindi One side

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

onlyuk

Dependant Visa , Marriage Card in Hindi One side

Post by onlyuk » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:19 pm

I am planning to apply for the Depandant visa for my wife from india. I will be providing Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos and Marriage Invitation Cards for relationship.

Problem here is that Marriage Invitation card from my side is in Hindi though from my wife's side is the english one.

Also my side card of hindi one, has the same address as in my wife's passport.

So what shud i do ?

1) Provide only my wife's side Marriage Invitation card (English one) only. Will only one side card be enough ?

2) Provide wife's and mine side as it is. One english one and one Hindi one.

So which option should i choose which is good enough ? Guys please share your experience ?

Thanks in advance

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant Visa , Marriage Card in Hindi One side

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:59 pm

onlyuk wrote:I am planning to apply for the Depandant visa for my wife from india. I will be providing Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos and Marriage Invitation Cards for relationship.

Problem here is that Marriage Invitation card from my side is in Hindi though from my wife's side is the english one.

So what shud i do ?

1) Provide only my wife's side Marriage Invitation card (English one) only. Will only one side card be enough ?

So which option should i choose which is good enough ? Guys please share your experience ?

Thanks in advance
Invitation card is not mandatory and it is only an extra caution. You could just provide your wife's card which is in English along with your marriage certificate and photos.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:24 am

aruni4470 wrote:
Invitation card is not mandatory and it is only an extra caution. You could just provide your wife's card which is in English along with your marriage certificate and photos.
Makes me feel awful as I didn't even have a wedding card when I got married lol
Goodluck.

jcisco

Post by jcisco » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:14 am

My marriage card was in Gujarati. I submitted it & my wife got the visa. So it really is not that important.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:18 am

Marriage card isn't mandatory as aruni pointed out before. However, as funny as it sounds, you could get the marriage card translated !!! :)

Wonder, the translator trying to translate the stars and muhurat ... :lol:

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:54 pm

sorry for being overcautious, and if this really sounds stupid...please pardon me...

i am planning for dependant visa soon and as a proof of relationship am also thinking of providing invitation card....
as original invitation was in hindi, I've asked one of my friend to just print off one copy of invitation card in English...do you think its acceptable for the whole invitation card to be in english or should it contain material in ur native language too...

Please pardon me if it really is a daft question... :?

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:20 pm

destiniation_london wrote:sorry for being overcautious, and if this really sounds stupid...please pardon me...

i am planning for dependant visa soon and as a proof of relationship am also thinking of providing invitation card....
as original invitation was in hindi, I've asked one of my friend to just print off one copy of invitation card in English...do you think its acceptable for the whole invitation card to be in english or should it contain material in ur native language too...

Does the PBS dependent policy guidance document say about submission of wedding photos, and wedding cards?

Secondly, how can the invitation card be a relationship evidence?

For evidence what you need is a proof that husband and wife are staying together.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:28 pm

adityak77 wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:sorry for being overcautious, and if this really sounds stupid...please pardon me...

Does the PBS dependent policy guidance document say about submission of wedding photos, and wedding cards?

For evidence what you need is a proof that husband and wife are staying together.
It does say that you would need to provide you relationship with the main applicant....and the only way to prove the recent marriage is by providing

marriage certificate

and going by other people's experience...its always safe to submit marriage photographs...
you won't have any proof if husband lives in UK and wife lives in india and they married very recently and they stayed together for very briefly in india...

To be on the safer side, am also providing wedding invitation card, just want to know from people, if its ok to have card full in english?

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:35 pm

destiniation_london wrote:
adityak77 wrote:

To be on the safer side, am also providing wedding invitation card, just want to know from people, if its ok to have card full in english?
yes all docs should be in Enlish

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Yes, you are right, are being overcautious... the marriage card is not needed.
Regards,
crowbar6

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:57 am

onlyuk wrote:I am planning to apply for the Depandant visa for my wife from india. I will be providing Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos and Marriage Invitation Cards for relationship.

So what shud i do ?

Thanks in advance
Make sure you submit multiple photos from ur marriage. One group photo, one family photo and one photo with you both. Hope you got what i said.