ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enquiry about the visa for new born baby

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi

I am on Tier 1 General Migrant Visa expiry May 2011 and my wife is on my dependent visa. We have been blessed with a baby boy. He was born on 31/05/2010.

There are 2 things I want to know:

1) Do I need to apply visa for him ASAP or can I apply visa for him at the time when I am applying extension for my visa?

2) If my wife and my son want to go to India, does he need to have a Visa or can he go without a Visa?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Deepak

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Enquiry about the visa for new born baby

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:28 am

dkalra1981 wrote:Hi

I am on Tier 1 General Migrant Visa expiry May 2011 and my wife is on my dependent visa. We have been blessed with a baby boy. He was born on 31/05/2010.

There are 2 things I want to know:

1) Do I need to apply visa for him ASAP or can I apply visa for him at the time when I am applying extension for my visa?

2) If my wife and my son want to go to India, does he need to have a Visa or can he go without a Visa?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Deepak
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25610

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks for the reply!!

Just wanted to know if my son stays in UK, does he still require a VISA or can I apply for his VISA at the time of my extension?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:28 am

dkalra1981 wrote:Thanks for the reply!!

Just wanted to know if my son stays in UK, does he still require a VISA or can I apply for his VISA at the time of my extension?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak
Your son does not need a visa unless he's traveling. Or coming back to the UK for that matter. If he has no plans of traveling before your extension then you can apply his first visa at the same time as your extension
Goodluck.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:44 am

Not necessary if he is not travelling. He can travel to home country with a passport but cannot return without EC.

be_sure_2000
Newly Registered

Post by be_sure_2000 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Answers for your queries in short -

* Your baby doesn't need any Visa/Endorsed Visa if he stays within the country. His stay would be legal as, he is deemed to acquire dependent Visa. Although you can apply for his visa during your next VISA extension.

* If you want to send your baby (& wife) outside the country, then you have to apply for Visa.

Hope this will resolve you doubt.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:31 am

be_sure_2000 wrote:Answers for your queries in short -

* Your baby doesn't need any Visa/Endorsed Visa if he stays within the country. His stay would be legal as, he is deemed to acquire dependent Visa. Although you can apply for his visa during your next VISA extension.

* If you want to send your baby (& wife) outside the country, then you have to apply for Visa.

Hope this will resolve you doubt.
point two is slightly wrong, you can send the baby outside UK but can't bring him back to uk without a valid visa
Goodluck.

dkalra1981

Enquiry about the dependent visa

Post by dkalra1981 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:14 am

Hi

I am on Tier 1 General migrant visa and my wife is on my dependent visa.

I need to apply visa for my newly born son, so that he can travel to India.

I would be pleased if someone could advise me what documents do I need to send to UK Embassy and what is the fees for applying the visa?

Many Thanks

Deepak

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Enquiry about the dependent visa

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:45 pm

dkalra1981 wrote:I would be pleased if someone could advise me what documents do I need to send to UK Embassy and what is the fees for applying the visa?
It is a Tier 1 dependent application.

regards