ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking Guidance Before applying for UK TIer 1 visa.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pradeepsharma0601
Newly Registered

Seeking Guidance Before applying for UK TIer 1 visa.

Post by pradeepsharma0601 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello Friends,

I am an Indian national and planning to apply for UK Tier 1 General visa, thus, getting ready with the documents and knowing the applying process. I have been in continuous touch with websites providing information related to UK immigration using Tier 1 General visa including the UK government websites. I am very much clear with so many things but still when I see the post here in immigrationboards my mind get full with question.

I used the point based calculator given in http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator to know my eligibility and according to that I am eligible to apply for visa. As the process of applying seems so simple I decided not to go with the agents and pay them huge money and do it self. So, below I am listing the stuff that I understood and is required to apply for the visa. Please also reply for the inline queries in bold the below points:

1) We need to fill two forms:
a) VAF9 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9) b) Appendix 1 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1)

2) I will submit my original passport which will work as my age proof.

3) I can submit the online taken bank stmt showing clearly the last three months transaction to fulfill the fund requirement test. That statement must have a bank stamp and authorised person signature stating that this document is true.

4) I will submit only my university degree in orginal as a proof of education qualification. There is no need to submit the semester markesheets.

5) As my degree is of 4 years and is completely taught in english, even while checking my eligibility using the point based calculator, I found my university name there which means I need not to get my degree compatibility checked with UK education system through NARAIC. As my university name is present in the point based calculator, I can claim point for english language requirement as well thus I need not to submit any sort of proof like IELTS score, a letter from college or university for subjects taught in english.

6) For past earnings proofs, I will submit following documents:
a) All 12 months salary slip on company letter head with stamp and signature.
b) A bank account statement which shows my salary was credited in the account.
I have few questions on this:
a) The bank statement must clearly show all transaction done for last 12 months or should i only take print of those transaction which show the salary is credited. If i take complete 12 month transaction statement the it will have huge number of paper.
b) Regarding the Gross and Net salary:
My Salary slip Earnings and deduction column:
In Earnings column we have followings:
BASIC, House Rent allowance, Conveyance Allowance, FBP, Medical, Other(Deputation allowance)
and In deducation we have: Tax deducation, Provident fund, Food coupans.
so lets say if below is my salary slip:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INCOME DEDUCTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BASIC 25000.00 PF 3000.00  
HRA 10000.00 INCOME TAX 604.00  
CONVEYANCE 800.00 FOOD COUPON 1100.00  
FBP 10500.00  
MEDICAL 1250.00  
OTHER ALLOW 1818.00  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Earnings: Rs. 49368.00 Total Deductions: Rs. 4704.00  

kommsu

Post by kommsu » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi Pradeep,

Please find answers for your queries below.

a) VAF9 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9) b) Appendix 1 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1)
right
right, apart from that provide your original driving lincence or 10th marks memo

3) I can submit the online taken bank stmt showing clearly the last three months transaction to fulfill the fund requirement test. That statement must have a bank stamp and authorised person signature stating that this document is true.
enough.

4) I will submit only my university degree in orginal as a proof of education qualification. There is no need to submit the semester markesheets.

enough.

5) As my degree is of 4 years and is completely taught in english, even while checking my eligibility using the point based calculator, I found my university name there which means I need not to get my degree compatibility checked with UK education system through NARAIC. As my university name is present in the point based calculator, I can claim point for english language requirement as well thus I need not to submit any sort of proof like IELTS score, a letter from college or university for subjects taught in english.
Original Degree is enough if PBS showing your university.

a) The bank statement must clearly show all transaction done for last 12 months or should i only take print of those transaction which show the salary is credited. If i take complete 12 month transaction statement the it will have huge number of paper.
not an issue if you can provide your last 12 months statements from bank in simplified transactions (should be sealed by bank) otherwise provide 12 months detailed statements and simply mark your salary amount of every month with a pencil without disturbing salary figures.

BASIC, House Rent allowance, Conveyance Allowance, FBP, Medical, Other(Deputation allowance)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INCOME DEDUCTION
FBP 10500.00
MEDICAL 1250.00
OTHER ALLOW 1818.00

Your salary credited in bank should match with your net salary(pay slip).

Hope my answers helps you.

Thanks&Regards,
Suresh.K

Visa2Uk

Re: Seeking Guidance Before applying for UK TIer 1 visa.

Post by Visa2Uk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:24 am

pradeepsharma0601 wrote:Hello Friends,

I am an Indian national and planning to apply for UK Tier 1 General visa, thus, getting ready with the documents and knowing the applying process. I have been in continuous touch with websites providing information related to UK immigration using Tier 1 General visa including the UK government websites. I am very much clear with so many things but still when I see the post here in immigrationboards my mind get full with question.

Good..

I used the point based calculator given in http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator to know my eligibility and according to that I am eligible to apply for visa. As the process of applying seems so simple I decided not to go with the agents and pay them huge money and do it self. So, below I am listing the stuff that I understood and is required to apply for the visa. Please also reply for the inline queries in bold the below points:

Perfect.

Correct. I don't know why Kommsu has mentioned about submitting Driver's license or 10th Marksheet. I applied from USA and I just submitted my passport. .

Again correct.

Correct.

Perfect.

Correct.

correct.

Do not worry about number of papers. Take print outs and highlight the transactions with marker. If that's what they need, lets give it to them.

INCOME DEDUCTION
FBP 10500.00  
MEDICAL 1250.00  
OTHER ALLOW 1818.00  

I guess your payslip has Gross salary (in this case Total earnings) and net salary. this is fine. 
In addition to this documents, do the below also.

1. When you calculate your points using PBS calculator, you can save that in the form of PDF. Take a print out and submit it.

2. There is a VAF9DOCCHECKLIST in the UKBA site. In addition to all your documents, take a copy of it and mention the documents you are sending. If you couldn't mention all your documents there, then prepare additional checklist and attach to it.

3. Prepare a good covering letter and make the job easier for the case worker.