ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In preparation of mum's visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MisfitMeL

In preparation of mum's visit visa

Post by MisfitMeL » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Hello folks! I'm back! (If anyone remembers me :D)

I sent in my fiancee application in May and I really hope I hear some good news by August!

I'm also hoping my mum will be able to visit the UK for the wedding and in preparation for her application, I've been reading through various topics here and trying to come up with a list.

From my mum's side, what would we need to present?

VAF1B application form
Visa fees
Passports (old and new)
Applicant letter?
Bank account passbook
Return tickets (we'll only book those once I get my visa and we can finalize all the dates)
Physical and medical examination certificate?
Medical insurance certificate?
My birth certificate and/or baptism certificate?

Property documents of her two houses to show that has an incentive to return back

She is also separated from my dad. Do we need to show some evidence of this too? coz we don't really have any as such :?

From fiance and my side (Fiance being the sponsor):-

Sponsor letter/form (by fiance)
Invitation letter (from both of us, explaining our wedding and how we want her to be there)
Wedding invitation card (would this be some sort of proof? I'm trying to do as much groundwork as possible now, so that when I get my visa and fly out, I plan to have a lot of the paperwork for the wedding arrangements ready. I guess it would help if I send those out to her?)
Scans of both of our passports and my fiance visa page
6 months payslip
6 months bank statements
P60s required?
Council Tax and Electricity bills
Property deed
When I get back pictures of the house from my application, I'll throw those in too

Anything else I've forgotten? Should I have a separate letter from my side explaining how I want my mum to be present for the wedding, or just club that in with the joint invitation letter?

Hubby-to-be is being a little cranky that he has to provide all this info AGAIN :roll: I hope the banks don't mess up sending the statements like they did for my application lol

Sorry for the long post and thanks a lot again to all the helpful people who spend their time assisting the rest of us here!

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:17 am

Sorry to bump this up again, but hoping someone might have some helpful advice :D