ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Employer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kammy
Newly Registered

Switching Employer

Post by kammy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:33 pm

Hello friends,

I got my Workpermit and EC recently. Got a short term workpermit (2 months). I am looking for further opportunities in my profession and wondering how complicated it will be to get the workpermit switched to a new employer or extension on same (which seems unlikely as the work would be over within time).

1. Will the new employer have to carry recruitment search. My occupation doesn't fall in the list of shortage occupation.

2. Does the short term WP goes against in order to get new employer.

Anyone with experience.

Sorry, I had asked the question months ago when things were not very clear at my end and I couldn't really understand the answer so am putting it again.

Thanks a lot.