ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 student Visa to Tier 1 General Visa Change

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suniljainmay79
Newly Registered

Tier 4 student Visa to Tier 1 General Visa Change

Post by suniljainmay79 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Hello all, Currently i am in UK on student visa which will last till next April end (ie April 2011), but since i am already having a Qualfication and previous earnings i am thinking of swithcing to Tier 1. Kindly suggest if it is ok and can i apply it from UK itself or i need to go back to my home country and apply from there..

beatallica

Re: Tier 4 student Visa to Tier 1 General Visa Change

Post by beatallica » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 pm

suniljainmay79 wrote:Hello all, Currently i am in UK on student visa which will last till next April end (ie April 2011), but since i am already having a Qualfication and previous earnings i am thinking of swithcing to Tier 1. Kindly suggest if it is ok and can i apply it from UK itself or i need to go back to my home country and apply from there..
note that as per laws changed some time back, your previous earnings can only be from 12/15 immediately preceding months even if you are in education. refer to UKBA website first.

suniljainmay79
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 student Visa to Tier 1 General Visa Change

Post by suniljainmay79 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:38 pm

beatallica wrote:
suniljainmay79 wrote:Hello all, Currently i am in UK on student visa which will last till next April end (ie April 2011), but since i am already having a Qualfication and previous earnings i am thinking of swithcing to Tier 1. Kindly suggest if it is ok and can i apply it from UK itself or i need to go back to my home country and apply from there..
note that as per laws changed some time back, your previous earnings can only be from 12/15 immediately preceding months even if you are in education. refer to UKBA website first.
Hi Thanks for your reply.

Suppose if i apply my Tier 1 Genral Visa on 20 July 2010. Then i would need to show my earnings in last 12 consecutive months in out of last 15 months. That means i can show my earnings from 21 April 2009 to 20 April 2010. In that period if i had sufficient earnings to cover my earnings point then i would be eligible.

Is it ok.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Yes, you are very right.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:26 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Yes, you are very right.

Hi,

If you are on student visa no earning will be calculated and all your earning will be started after the degree/ student period is over. Kindly see the agency website the rules have been changed. You need to go to your home country and from there you can put post graduation visa .......all the best
Thanks

Ali

suniljainmay79
Newly Registered

Post by suniljainmay79 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm

aliq09 wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:Yes, you are very right.

Hi,

If you are on student visa no earning will be calculated and all your earning will be started after the degree/ student period is over. Kindly see the agency website the rules have been changed. You need to go to your home country and from there you can put post graduation visa .......all the best
Hello, I am bit confused over this suggestion. I had qualifed my Chartered Accountant course 6 years back and it is also entitled for 35 points for Tier 1 General and i am showing my earnings before i took student visa this Jan 2010. I earned my salary and other income while i was in India, before coming to UK.

- Kindly suggest my eligility and from where i should apply.