ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning to apply on July 25th

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anil Mamidala
Newly Registered

Planning to apply on July 25th

Post by Anil Mamidala » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:53 am

Dear Members,

Iam planning to apply for HSMP Tire 1 on july 25th. I have all documents and proof for claiming 75 points and maintenance funds and english language certificate from university. Do new cap by Uk government will effect my application.

Iam little bit tensed for applying as Iam preparing from last 2 months by maintaining funds in my account and other stuff. Iam science graduate (M.sc Microbiology) will my application get through

members plz give me your valuable suggestion.

Thanks a lot

Anil

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 am

Post 19th July , you will need to score 80 points.
Try and apply before 19th if possible.

make sure you use the existing PBS calculator to see whether you reach that or not.

Anil Mamidala
Newly Registered

Post by Anil Mamidala » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 am

Dear Aditya,

I have not read about requirment of 80 points after july. Please clarify.

I have to wait untill july 25th to complete 3 months to show maintenance funds.

Members is it ture that 80 points required after july.

Anil

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:33 am

Anil Mamidala wrote:Dear Aditya,

Anil
Yes, the total points needed to qualify will be 80 after 19 July. Please click here for the Home Secretary's announcement.
Regards,
crowbar6

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Anil,

Yes, it has been announced that T1(G) applicants will need 80 points to qualify from 19th July onwards. Please see below an excerpt from the ministerial statement announcing this change.

Firstly, I am introducing an interim limit on the number of out of country main applicants to Tier 1 (General). This route will be held flat from the equivalent periods for 2009 and the limit will therefore be 5,400. The Tier 1 routes for Investors, Entrepreneurs and the Post-Study route are not affected. In-country applicants are also excluded from the interim limit. To ensure that those who do come are the brightest and the best, I am also raising the Tier 1 (General) pass mark by 5 points for all new applicants.
Anil Mamidala wrote:Dear Aditya,

Anil

Anil Mamidala
Newly Registered

Post by Anil Mamidala » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 am

Dear Members,

Where do this 5 points increase may take place. Earnings/Age/ Qualification. Presently Iam scoring exactly 75 points. will I qualify after july 19th. members plz guide me.

Anil

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:51 am

Anil Mamidala wrote:Dear Members,

Where do this 5 points increase may take place. Earnings/Age/ Qualification. Presently Iam scoring exactly 75 points. will I qualify after july 19th. members plz guide me.

Anil
The 80 points need to be accrued across age, earnings and qualification bands. I suggest you apply before the 19th otherwise you will need to search for an additional 5 points to qualify. Also remember that English Language and Maintenance Funds requirements stay intact (need to qualify for both separately).
Regards,
crowbar6

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:41 am

Anil Mamidala wrote:Dear Members,

Anil
Hi Anil,

The only place where you could probably find the additional points should be earnings. Unless, the HO changes the points assigned to age and qualifications. If they stick to the same Tier 1 guidance as it exists, then earnings it is!!

kpc1981
Newly Registered

Post by kpc1981 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:47 am

I will be applying around 27-28th of july... what are the thoughts? will 5400 quota gets over by that time ?

Please suggest!

imi999
Newly Registered

Post by imi999 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:45 pm

Points requirements for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System
7.14 The United Kingdom Border Agency has considered the need to raise the level of points required
to meet the requirements under the Tier 1 (General) category in order to pursue its legitimate
aim of maintaining immigration control. It concluded that there should be an increase in the
level of points required which, combined with an overall limit on the number of applications
to be granted, will ensure that only the brightest and most able migrants are granted entry to
the United Kingdom. Tier 1 (General) applicants are currently required to score 95 points for
attributes, 75 of which must be for qualifications, previous earnings, UK experience and age.
These changes increase the threshold for qualifications, previous earnings, experience and
age to 80 points, thereby ensuring that the application process leads to the most meritorious
applications being granted. This change will not apply to those who already have leave as a Tier
1 (General) migrant and are applying to extend that leave or are seeking to switch into Tier 1
(General) from one of the predecessor routes for highly skilled migrants.
7 .15The points awarded to those with previous earnings of £150,000, “or with a qualifying MBA
qualificationâ€

Visa2Uk

Post by Visa2Uk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 pm

kpc1981 wrote:I will be applying around 27-28th of july... what are the thoughts? will 5400 quota gets over by that time ?

Please suggest!
Hi KPC,

No one can say for sure when the cap might get over.

Not sure in which section they are going to increase 5 points after July 19.

so I would suggest you to go for it before July 19th if you are getting the points.

suniljainmay79
Newly Registered

Applying Date

Post by suniljainmay79 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:53 am

Visa2Uk wrote:
kpc1981 wrote:I will be applying around 27-28th of july... what are the thoughts? will 5400 quota gets over by that time ?

Please suggest!
Hi KPC,

No one can say for sure when the cap might get over.

Not sure in which section they are going to increase 5 points after July 19.

so I would suggest you to go for it before July 19th if you are getting the points.
Suppose if we post our application on 18 july from london itself. will we be covered under existing rules.

Faye_hen
Newly Registered

Post by Faye_hen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:03 am

Hi All.

The points structure for every section (i.e Age, qualifications, earnings etc) will remain exactly the same. They will not change the structure.

The only difference is that instead of a pass mark of 75, you will from 19th July 2010 need a pass mark of 80.

Remember that in order to make any changes to the current PBS, the Govt needs to consult with the Migration Advisory Commitee (MAC) and those proposals needs to be presented to the house of commons.
The new PBS structure has only been in operation for 3 months so i can't see them changing the structure.

The temporary cap that has just been introduced did not need to be presented as that was part of the coalition agreement when the new govt came into power.

The PBS structure WILL (IMO) change in April 2011. We'll see a permanent cap, re-introduction of the Master degree only and a complete different points structure.