ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa validity start from June 2009, not yet move to UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spsahu82
Pakistan

visa validity start from June 2009, not yet move to UK

Post by spsahu82 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 am

Dear All,

I have UK Tier (General) visa which validity start from June 2009. Due to some personal reason, I could not move to UK. After new rule (cap on tier1), i am bit scare. Few question:

1. I am planing to go UK on October 2010. Do I face any problem in airport?
2. Do I consider under new cap system?
3. Do you feel that I should move before july 19, before the new rule applicable?

thanks,
sp sahu

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: visa validity start from June 2009, not yet move to UK

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:53 am

spsahu82 wrote:Dear All,

I have UK Tier (General) visa which validity start from June 2009. Due to some personal reason, I could not move to UK. After new rule (cap on tier1), i am bit scare. Few question:

3. Do you feel that I should move before july 19, before the new rule applicable?

thanks,
sp sahu
The cap is only for new applications submitted on or after 19 July. As you already hold a Tier 1 visa, you can travel to UK anytime while it is valid. So, the answer is NO to all your questions above.
Regards,
crowbar6

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: visa validity start from June 2009, not yet move to UK

Post by *FC* » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 am

spsahu82 wrote:Dear All,

thanks,
sp sahu
Putting the cap aside, have you planned looking out for jobs yet? Or do you already have an offer in hand?

Don't let the cap be a deciding factor, instead let employment be your deciding factor. Unless ofcourse you have loads of money to spend and you would like to contribute a bit to the economy :wink: