ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test for Spouse Visa This Autumn

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam888
Newly Registered

English Test for Spouse Visa This Autumn

Post by sam888 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 am

Hi

I am british citizen and I am working full time. I want to bring my wife and daughter to the UK. My wife cant speak english properly and I am worried about the new spouse english test which i dont think she will be able to pass.

If I apply for her to come now in the next few weeks before the autumn will she still be required to take the english test? And if I apply now and its refused and the appeal process takes all the way to the autumn then will she be asked to do the english test?

Please help. Thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: English Test for Spouse Visa This Autumn

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:29 am

sam888 wrote:Hi

I am british citizen and I am working full time. I want to bring my wife and daughter to the UK. My wife cant speak english properly and I am worried about the new spouse english test which i dont think she will be able to pass.

If I apply for her to come now in the next few weeks before the autumn will she still be required to take the english test? And if I apply now and its refused and the appeal process takes all the way to the autumn then will she be asked to do the english test?

Please help. Thanks
English test requirement for dependants is not in place yet. So your dependant would not need to appear for the test if you apply now. The appeal will be decided according to the rules in place at the time of application.

sam888
Newly Registered

Re: English Test for Spouse Visa This Autumn

Post by sam888 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:08 pm

English test requirement for dependants is not in place yet. So your dependant would not need to appear for the test if you apply now. The appeal will be decided according to the rules in place at the time of application.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply

Do you know when the new rules will be in place? and also will she be called for an interview for the spouse visa? will the fact that her english isnt good during the interview lower her chances to get the visa?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Not sure when the new rules will come in effect. Maybe sometime in September. Regarding the interview, I think they will call for interview only in extreme cases (not sure about it though)

Gnosis
Newly Registered

Post by Gnosis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Isn't there a option/or in applying form u are asked what language u want to use during the interview? I think if your English is not good then you can ask for translator to be present and give you a help. JMHO

I have question:" Where do you take a test? and Is that a must even you speak/understand/write English quite well?

Thanx in advance for replies ;)