ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally got my Naturalisation Cert today

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SapMan
Newly Registered

Finally got my Naturalisation Cert today

Post by SapMan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:41 pm

It took forever, I was getting worried, bcos people were getting their's in 3 weeks
It turns out, that I send my docs (Declaration, Postal Order etc) to the wrong address.
So guy be sure to send yours to the specific name & address mentioned in the approval letter not the general address on their website

craicindublin

hi there,

Post by craicindublin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:38 pm

it took you 3 weeks to get naturalization cert and you were getting worried?? i applied for it after 4 years of marriage with an irish citizen three years ago (i am still married to her) and i am still waiting for the reply. do you think its normal ?? or i should write to them i sent my papers signed from solicitor years ago.

what is your advice for me?

sideshowsue

Re: hi there,

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:02 pm

craicindublin wrote:it took you 3 weeks to get naturalization cert and you were getting worried?? i applied for it after 4 years of marriage with an irish citizen three years ago (i am still married to her) and i am still waiting for the reply. do you think its normal ?? or i should write to them i sent my papers signed from solicitor years ago.

what is your advice for me?
You're confusing the process required for the approval of naturalization and the actual receipt of the naturalization certificate. The certificate is the culmination of the naturalization process, that is to say, after you've waited years to receive approval of your application, you'll then receive a letter outlining the next steps in order to receive the certificate of naturalization (i.e. take oath, pay fee, submit photos and GNIB card). This process is far more streamlined than the application process; it generally takes about a month.

But again, waiting for approval does take years--no way around that.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:07 pm

sideshowsue:

Thanks for your reply, but i am waiting for more than three years, they contacted me once i think asking me to go to my solicitor and take the oath with my wife but thats about it, i went to the solicitor and got all the papers done ages ago, i dunno the right procidure as i never chased my immigration stuff. do you think i will be waiting for couple of years more before the decision is made ?

do you know how to apply for Indefinate visa ? incase if they will refuse the naturalization ? i am now married more than 7 years or so.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:25 pm

I'd normally say to ring them to find out what's going on with your application, but it seems they're no longer taking calls. And according to reports on this forum, it seems they don't even bother to reply to emails at the moment. The only possible solution is to send them a registered letter enquiring about the status of your application.

It does seem a little odd that your application is lingering for so many years, particularly since you applied on the basis of the spouse of an Irish national. Generally, these applications are treated in priority. To put things into perspective, I applied in August 2006 and received my approval in July 2009 -- 35 months -- and I applied on the basis of 5 years' residence.

All I can say is to try the registered letter route and request a status report on your application.

As for permanent residency, or as the INIS calls it 'Leave to Remain Without Condition as to Time', you need to have lived in Ireland for 8 years before applying for it. All details are here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Wi ... dorsements

craicindublin

thanks a lot it helped alot:)

Post by craicindublin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:19 pm

thanks a lot it helped alot:)