ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Family Visa help please

Post by tcpip_helper » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 pm

hello everyone,

i am from Pakistan, I am in UK for around 5 year, last year in october i got tier1 general, my wife came to uk in dec 09 and now living with me as my dependent. now i intend to apply visa for my mother-in-law. She is widowed and around 50 years of age. she has a house on her name and a shop which is being rented, she has no employment and can show up to 3Lakh(£3000 pounds) in her account. she has 2 daughters, one is living with me(my wife) and the other one is married living in usa.

i intend to sponsor her complete visit including food, accommodation, air ticket etc. I can show upto £4k in my account. the documents I'll provide

Applicant (My mother-in-Law)
VAF1B Application form.
National ID Card
property documents of the house and shop she owns
rental agreement of the shop.

Sponsor Documents
Invitation letter
Sponsorship letter
Passport Copy
Employment Letter
Wages Slip
Bank statements
Tenancy Agreement
Letter from Estate Agent
Utility Bill on my name

please let me know if i am missing any document
and now the queries,

my visa is valid until Oct 2012 and wife's visa is valid till 4th July, i've already send her passport for extension. do i need to attach her visa/passport copy as well? if yes which one the current one or the one which I'll receive after extension

is Birth Certificate of my mother-in-law required?
is Death Certificate of her(applicant) husband required?

Q5.1 what are your personal circumstances?
I've selected others and put Housewife. but then should i leave the questions from 5.2 - 5.9?

Q5.10 what is your total monthly income from all sources of employment after tax?
should i include the rent here she get from her shop?
she get the rent in cash, not in her bank account, is this a problem?

Q5.15 what money is available to you for your trip?
again i didn't understand this question, what's the best answer.

5.18 if someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit , how much money will they give you,
whats the best answer here ?

5.19 what is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK?

thanks in advance to all

batleykhan

Re: Family Visa help please

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:09 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:hello everyone,

i am from Pakistan, I am in UK for around 5 year, last year in october i got tier1 general, my wife came to uk in dec 09 and now living with me as my dependent. now i intend to apply visa for my mother-in-law. She is widowed and around 50 years of age. she has a house on her name and a shop which is being rented, she has no employment and can show up to 3Lakh(£3000 pounds) in her account. she has 2 daughters, one is living with me(my wife) and the other one is married living in usa.

i intend to sponsor her complete visit including food, accommodation, air ticket etc. I can show upto £4k in my account. the documents I'll provide

Applicant (My mother-in-Law)
VAF1B Application form.
National ID Card
property documents of the house and shop she owns
rental agreement of the shop.

Sponsor Documents
Invitation letter
Sponsorship letter
Passport Copy
Employment Letter
Wages Slip
Bank statements
Tenancy Agreement
Letter from Estate Agent
Utility Bill on my name

please let me know if i am missing any document
and now the queries,

my visa is valid until Oct 2012 and wife's visa is valid till 4th July, i've already send her passport for extension. do i need to attach her visa/passport copy as well? if yes which one the current one or the one which I'll receive after extension

is Birth Certificate of my mother-in-law required?
is Death Certificate of her(applicant) husband required?

No, its not required

Q5.1 what are your personal circumstances?
I've selected others and put Housewife. but then should i leave the questions from 5.2 - 5.9?

Yes this is ok

Q5.10 what is your total monthly income from all sources of employment after tax?
should i include the rent here she get from her shop?

Just put the amount she gets from rental of property

Only you know the answer. Include air fare as well as spending money and to buy the normal gifts for family etc ( £1000 -£1500 in my opinion should be enough)

5.18 if someone other than yourself is paying for all or any part of this visit , how much money will they give you,

Same as above answer and that you her son/inlaw is going to pay for it

Cost to her will be nil as you are going to pay( unless she spends her own money)
thanks in advance to all

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 pm

dear khan many thanks for your helpful replies, can you please also clarify the following points, apologies if i m keep asking silly questions and repeating myself, just want to make sure application form is filled accurately.

please let me know if i am missing any document from the list above?

can i combine the invitation letter and sponsorship letter into one letter, also can i prepare my own template or do i need to fill the specific sponsor letter?

Only you know the answer. Include air fare as well as spending money and to buy the normal gifts for family etc ( £1000 -£1500 in my opinion should be enough)

my closing balance will be around £3700 and her proposed visit is for two-three weeks, what figure should i write here? or should i write that all expenses will be covered by my sponsor?

can i just write that all expenses will be covered by my sponsor or do i need to write a figure here?

Cost to her will be nil as you are going to pay( unless she spends her own money)
ok should i write again that all expenses will be covered by my sponsor? or again a figure?

thanks again

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:06 pm

hi,

anyone with the reply re my above queries please,

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:57 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:dear khan many thanks for your helpful replies, can you please also clarify the following points, apologies if i m keep asking silly questions and repeating myself, just want to make sure application form is filled accurately.

please let me know if i am missing any document from the list above?

The documents are fine

can i combine the invitation letter and sponsorship letter into one letter, also can i prepare my own template or do i need to fill the specific sponsor letter?

See the sticky above about invitation and sponsorship letter. It should do

Yes

How is she going to prove that she gets this money from rent of shop.Have you got some agreement to prove this

my closing balance will be around £3700 and her proposed visit is for two-three weeks, what figure should i write here? or should i write that all expenses will be covered by my sponsor?

£1000 should be enough - this would be £500 ticket and other half to spend in gifts, visiting family and friends and tourist sites etc

can i just write that all expenses will be covered by my sponsor or do i need to write a figure here?

Yes

ok should i write again that all expenses will be covered by my sponsor? or again a figure?

Yes

thanks again

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:08 am

thank you very much

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:59 pm

hello all,

my mother-in-law got her visit visa, from submission to collecting passport it only took 2 weeks. i am really thankful for all forum members for their kind support.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:35 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:hello all,

my mother-in-law got her visit visa, from submission to collecting passport it only took 2 weeks. i am really thankful for all forum members for their kind support.
Congrate dear ,good news mashAllah so when she is coming to visit you guys?

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:18 pm

she is already here :D

if anyone needs any help re documents please dont hesitate to ask me via forum or PM.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:41 am

Dear , can u please ask from your mother-in-law what kind of questions , immigration officer asked from her when she was coming.

once of my family member also comin soon so i just want to make sure.

thanks

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:33 am

adil2009 wrote:Dear , can u please ask from your mother-in-law what kind of questions , immigration officer asked from her when she was coming.

once of my family member also comin soon so i just want to make sure.

thanks
immigration officer was easy and only asked couple of questions, like who are you visiting, how long your stay would be.

karsaai
Newly Registered

Post by karsaai » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi tcpip_helper,
Hope you are doing good. I need your help to fill family visitor application form for my father & mother in-laws. I'm going to sponsor my in-laws from air ticket to food & accommodation. What did you mention for these questions. Please help.

Yes

Yes

Thanks.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi,

i am extremely sorry for late reply, got busy with other stuff, but here is the answer to the best of my knowledge.

you can also mention a figure here that should not be more than 1/3rd of your total bank balance, for e.g if you have 5K in the bank you may say you have dedicated 1800-2200 for their visit. so your in-laws should write on the form that my son-in-law(who is my sponsor as well) is going to bear all my expenses which includes but not limited to my air ticket, my accommodation, my food expenses etc etc, he has reserved roughly 1800-2000 for my trip to London but if require more, than he has enough money in his account to finance.

the answer would be, cost to me personnally is nil as my son-in-law ( who is my sponsor) will bear all the cost of my visit to london.