ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation App Submitted - Traffic Offence since

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

The Confused One

Naturalisation App Submitted - Traffic Offence since

Post by The Confused One » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm

We have sent an application for my husband to naturalise as a British Citizen on 29th June 2010. The form had been completed at the beginning of June but we did not send the form as we were waiting to get paid

On the 17th of June 2010 we received a letter from Essex Police advising that they had photographic evidence that my husband was doing 63mph on a 50 zone on the M11 Motorway on the 9th of May 2010. This was a genuine error. They had written to us on the 11th of May (but the letter got missed as it went under a pile of old letters) and this second letter was a final reminder. We had to complete a form to confirm who the driver was which we sent on back on the 18th of June.

We have not yet received anything back from Essex Police yet to show how many points will be endorsed or what the fine will be. We have since sent of the Naturalisation Application without declaring the above with the view that we can update them as and when we find out.

Having a nose around this part of the forum I am starting to doubt what we have done and am thinking we should have maybe not sent the form of now and should have waited to hear back from the police first.

Does anybody here know, from experience or knowledge, if this will affect my husband’s application? We have not deliberately not disclosed the information; we will update UKBA as soon as we know.

Thank you for reading the above and I hope someone can help us with our dilemma!

Kind Regards
The Confused One

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:41 pm

As long as you don't go to court there is nothing to declare. Just pay the fine they give you.

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi

We have recieved a 'Conditional Offer' from the police to pay a fine of £60 and have the license endorsed with 3 points. As long as we do this within 28days they will not commence court proceedings. We have sent this off today

Do we need to inform UKBA of this or does it not matter as it has been dealt with outside of court?

Kind Regards
The Confused One

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:57 pm

I don't think you need to inform UKBA as this is not a court conviction.

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:09 pm

The Confused One wrote:Hi

We have recieved a 'Conditional Offer' from the police to pay a fine of £60 and have the license endorsed with 3 points. As long as we do this within 28days they will not commence court proceedings. We have sent this off today

Do we need to inform UKBA of this or does it not matter as it has been dealt with outside of court?

Kind Regards
The Confused One
hello , just wondering any updates on your application / progress?
Roopscisco.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:05 pm

roopscisco wrote:
The Confused One wrote:Hi

Kind Regards
The Confused One
hello , just wondering any updates on your application / progress?
Approved