ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Philipino future spouse and UK citizen established at Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

delcoyote
Newly Registered

Philipino future spouse and UK citizen established at Dublin

Post by delcoyote » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Explanation of the case:
My future wife it's a Philipino citizen living at Dubai,and we are planning to get married at Manila, Philipines at the end of October, I am a UK citizen established in Ireland, Dublin since 2002, and working since then and permanent , secure job.
A few questions:
1- What kind of visa or form or paper work needs to be sorted at Manila Ireland Consulate , Philippines for my wife to come with me to Ireland , Dublin?
2- Is the EU law being broken by the Irish DoJ?
3- Would I need a lawyer/solicitor?
4- Any other ways to work around or accelerate the process?
5- Do we need a proof of relationship?
Thank you for reading, and hoping to get an answer soon.
And just to make a comment this is a great great forum, but i couldn't find the latest news, so I produced this post. Excuse my grammar it's not great.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Filipina wife you mean .
visit www.inis.gov.ie for more info
i think you need eu directive something.
the guy to ask here in this forum is Ben (Guru) im sure he can answer your question

but im sure you need a lot of proof that you are together as the Irish Immigration is very strict on this matter at the moment.

congrats in advance and im sure you will love Philippines enjoy!!!
go to BORACAY
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

delcoyote
Newly Registered

Post by delcoyote » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Filipina yes.
I almost have all the information, but regarding proof of relationship, I have been looking some results from others visas. What is enough proof for the Irish Immigration? as in time wise, 1 year, 1 month? I am planning to visit my future Filipina wife at Dubai in about a month, she is planning to come and see me also around a few weeks later to Dublin, she will have to ask for a Short Journey visa, right? I will have to proof that I can support her?
Is this a good idea and enough proof of a relationship for the Irish Immigration? Do we have to provide them with photographs, flight tickets/receipts? Hotel's?
Thank you for the response, smalltime.
Plans have changed and we might get married at Dubai, but i will love to go to the philippines as soon as we can.

Blueice2412
Newly Registered

Post by Blueice2412 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:59 am

delcoyote wrote:Filipina yes.
I almost have all the information, but regarding proof of relationship, I have been looking some results from others visas. What is enough proof for the Irish Immigration? as in time wise, 1 year, 1 month? I am planning to visit my future Filipina wife at Dubai in about a month, she is planning to come and see me also around a few weeks later to Dublin, she will have to ask for a Short Journey visa, right? I will have to proof that I can support her?
Is this a good idea and enough proof of a relationship for the Irish Immigration? Do we have to provide them with photographs, flight tickets/receipts? Hotel's?
Thank you for the response, smalltime.
Plans have changed and we might get married at Dubai, but i will love to go to the philippines as soon as we can.
Hi,

I am a filipina also and married to Irish. I also have a filipina friend that was able to go Ireland two times in tourist visa to visit her Irish bf. The thing there is you have to make a letter of invitation for her, provide that you can support her while she's in Ireland. So you must provide a bank statement, P60, payslips. She can also make a letter of assurance that after her visit that she will be back in her home country and not be a burden to Irish state. It is a good thing that you keep visiting each other before you apply for a spousal visa. Even though your relationship is only just around 1 year, that's ok as long as you met many times and you show a lot of proofs and don't forget photos together, photos with family and friends.

If you plan to get married in the philippines. First you must secure to get a certificate of singleness or what you call a certificat de coutume. There are forms you should fill up there, you can try to visit this website for more info: http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=274 . Once you get the certificate of singleness, you will present that to Irish Consulate in the Phils and they will give a certificate of no impediment. This document you will present this to city hall or municipal hall where your future wife resides in the Phils to be able to get a marriage license. As for your wife, she has to secure her birth certificate, CENOMAR from NSO. These are requirements to get a marriage license. You'll wait for about 10 days to get it but other people pay to get it done quickly then you can get married for the date you desire. Well my husband and I did all these things, it's worth at the end! Don't worry the staff from the Irish consulate are very kind and helpful and if you have lots of questions you can also ask info from them and they really reply thru email. You can also ask appointment thru email at irishcon@info.com.ph

Hope this helps :) Regards