ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submission of Visa Application for 3rd time -Guidance Please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukindiavisastudent
Newly Registered

Submission of Visa Application for 3rd time -Guidance Please

Post by ukindiavisastudent » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:45 am

Hello All,

I am from India, my visa application for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa has been refused twice so far.

First time it was refused was due to the bank statement provided with the Application was not on the letter head of ICICI Bank bearing the logo and the name of the Bank along with Stamp and Signature.

Second time it was refused was due to Invalid CAS Letter, As I wasn't aware that we cannot use the same CAS Letter more than once and I reapplied for Visa without getting the New CAS from the College in UK. So I got second refusal from British High Commission saying that the CAS Letter is invalid!

Now I am going to put forth my application for the third time, I have got the latest statement for the period of 1 Apr 2010 till 1 Jul 2010 today from ICICI Bank on the Colored Letter Head of Bank along with the stamp and signature from the bank.
Second thing, I have also got the new CAS Letter from the College with new Start dates for my course as my Course has now been delayed by one and half month.

My Visa appointment at VFS Global is on 5th Jul 2010 morning 8 am, and the bank statement period is 1 Apr 2010 till 1 Jul 2010 (4 days prior to my Visa Application Date) and the statement date (day when the statement was issued by Bank) is of today (i.e. 2 Jul 2010).

I would request you to please give me assistance in regards to anything else that I need to take care off. Another thing I wanted to put some light on is, UK Immigrations asks for passport size photos with dimensions: 45mm Height and 35mm Width, I took the same kind of passport size pics when I first applied for the Visa at VFS, they told me that this photo will not do and they asked me to get the photos from their inhouse photographer who charges Rs.100 for 4 photos (about 1.5 GBP for 4 pics) but the pics that they gave are too big in size, however the VFS People accepted those pics as after all these pics were given by there in house Photographer.

Also, is it necessary to give photocopies off all the documents along with the application? In my first two applications of Visa, I didn't give any photocopies of my documents, just submitted the originals and the VFS People didn't even ask for the photocopies, but I noticed they also have a inhouse Photocopy machine at every VFS Center and many people were getting their documents photocopied (except me). So please let me know if I must also submit the photocopies..

Apart from this, if there is anything else that you believe I must take care about, please do let me know. I would appreciate any kind of responses in relation to my Visa application that can help me further for my application. Also, Following documents I have attached with my Application, please let me know if I must add anything else into it:

1. VAF9 (As given at this Link: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9)
2. PBS Appendix 8 (as given at this Link: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ralstudent)
3. IELTS Score Sheet
4. Print out of CAS Letter copy (As emailed by the college)
5. Bank Statement on ICICI Bank's Letter Head with stamp and Branch Manager's Signature (Statement Period: 1 Apr 2010 till 1 Jul 2010), Statement Date: 2 Jul 2010
6. Bank Balance Certificate on ICICI Bank's Letter Head (confirming the closing balance on the business day of 1 Jul 2010)
7. Education Documents (As mentioned in the CAS Letter), as follows:
(a) 1st Year BA Marksheet
(b) HSC Marksheet
(c) SSC Marksheet
and
8. Passport with 1 passport size photo as was taken earlier at VFS Center during my first visit.

Apart from this all, do you find anything else that I have missed in my application or that I must take care of before submitting the application?

Thanks in anticipation!!

ukindiavisastudent
Newly Registered

Any Response Please

Post by ukindiavisastudent » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Hello Friends!

Can someone please give any response?

skomati

Post by skomati » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:24 pm

My sincere advise coming to uk on student visa is useless now...u are wasting ur money...

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 pm

yes what skkomati says is exactly right, better stay in india and get a good job and you can save money, coming to Uk in student visa is not at all advisable and day by day rules are changing. Better not to waste your money for visa fees, if you are fnancially strong and well backed from your parents then u can come and do your studies or else better not to come

ukindiavisastudent
Newly Registered

Thanks for the response! Any advise pls on my application?

Post by ukindiavisastudent » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:04 am

Hello Skomati and Z18runway, thanks for your response.

I wish to come to UK only for my studies, and not for settlement or something like that. I want finish up my higher education in UK, and then in case i'm getting a good job, i might look forward to stay back on PSW or something like that, but my main aim is to have a professional qualification that would help me in my career ahead, may that be in UK or any other part of World.

So please give a response in regards to my application file and let me know if u find my all documents in place and everything up to the mark as i've already got visa refused twice.

Thanks... Hope to see your response!

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:28 am

Photocopies are not a necessity.. just a copy of ur passport would do.. The VFS is always lookin to earn some extra cash in different parts of the country.. So dont worry too much abt the photos.. just a bit of corruption at work.. I cant think of any document ur missing..

ukindiavisastudent
Newly Registered

Thanks so much Potterbond007

Post by ukindiavisastudent » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 am

potterbond007 wrote:Photocopies are not a necessity.. just a copy of ur passport would do.. The VFS is always lookin to earn some extra cash in different parts of the country.. So dont worry too much abt the photos.. just a bit of corruption at work.. I cant think of any document ur missing..
Hey, thanks really so much! It was a really great support to me, I'll add the passport Photocopy in my list of documents. Thanks again!