ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Visitor Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sonal

US Visitor Visa

Post by sonal » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:31 pm

My nationality is an Indian.I have been living in UK for two years on work permit dependent.My husband has got the business visa(1yr,multiple entry)for USA to carry out some project work. I would like to visit with him during his next USA trip. For that i might need to apply for the visitor visa, question is can i apply for the visitor visa from any UK embassy? If yes then what are the chances for getting a visa?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:39 pm

You are certainly entitled to make your application for a US visa in the UK. You are clearly living in the UK.

Chances of getting the visa? Clearly dependent upon the facts as presented but ... based upon what you say ... there does not appear to be any reason for the visa application to be declined. Certainly worth applying ... unless of course you are living a double life as an international terrorist! (That is a joke!)
John

sonal

US Visitor visa

Post by sonal » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:31 pm

John,Thanks a lot for your reply. Your reply has given me the boost to prepare my application.

Well,back to chances of getting the visa??? Nowadays the US embassy is so uncertain/unorganised that probably it would be easier for an international terrorist to get the visa!!!!!!

gokulgb
Newly Registered

Us visa

Post by gokulgb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi there,

I am an Indian in the UK on a work permit. I wish to go on a holiday to the US and I was wondering if I could apply for a tourist visa from London, UK. Kindly advise

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:57 am

See post above on 24.11.05. Same applies to you.
John

gokulgb
Newly Registered

US visa

Post by gokulgb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:05 am

Thanks for the reply John,

Does it matter that my US student visa was refused twice about 4 years ago from India? I am just a bit anxious coz I have heard that the US Consulate in London is a bit strict when it comes to issuing visas for people with LTR rather than ILR. Please advise...anyone?

gokulgb
Newly Registered

US visa

Post by gokulgb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:06 am

Does it matter that my US student visa was refused twice about 4 years ago from India? I am just a bit anxious coz I have heard that the US Consulate in London is a bit strict when it comes to issuing visas for people with LTR rather than ILR. Please advise...anyone?

gokulgb
Newly Registered

US visa

Post by gokulgb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:07 am

gokulgb
Newly Registered

US visa

Post by gokulgb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:22 am