ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing From PSW to Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ads
Newly Registered

Changing From PSW to Tier 1

Post by ads » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Hello All ,

My PSW visa expires on Dec 2011..

My current sal comes under the 25k-30k bracket and I have done my Masters studies in the UK

In light of the recent changes can anyone please confirm the following

requiring at least 100 points for the PSW to Tier1 switch
and the changed points for the earnings band mean that I will have to come in the 35k-40k bracket to get enough points for the switch!

Look forward to your thoughts

Cheers

wabuthu

Re: Changing From PSW to Tier 1

Post by wabuthu » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:51 am

found this link, don't know if it helps. (have quoted direct from it)...all the best with your application.

"....If you are in the UK in any other category, for example Tier 1 (Post-study work), then you will need to score 100 points when you apply to switch into Tier 1 (General).....

More information about the interim limit will be published on this page in due course
"

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t1-pbs
ads wrote:Hello All ,

My PSW visa expires on Dec 2011..

My current sal comes under the 25k-30k bracket and I have done my Masters studies in the UK

In light of the recent changes can anyone please confirm the following

requiring at least 100 points for the PSW to Tier1 switch
and the changed points for the earnings band mean that I will have to come in the 35k-40k bracket to get enough points for the switch!

Look forward to your thoughts

Cheers
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

inagreen
Newly Registered

Post by inagreen » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:01 pm

I am currently in the same boat as you. My visa runs out on 31/10/2010.

I noticed that if you were to extend your visa from tier 1 (general) and received this visa prior to March 2009, then the points are awarded differently ( a lot more) and I am wondering if we could fall under this category as I don't see the difference of working under PSW and Tier 1 Visa.

My point is that someone who received a tier 1 General visa prior to March 2009, earning the same salary as me ( 28000 GBP) could be getting extension easily, whilst why do we receive lesser points to transfer to this visa? Isn't the whole point of PSW is to ensure that graduates with exceptional skills to receive working rights in the UK?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

ads
Newly Registered

Post by ads » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Can any of the experienced moderators reply please?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Wait for new guidance to be published close to July 19th.

regards

ajax_dude
Newly Registered

Post by ajax_dude » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:30 am

Same here!! My PSW expires in Dec 2011 as well.

to expect us to earn 35k is terrible...

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:48 pm

I just got my PSW so at least have 2 years, and initially i thought transition to Tier 1 General will be okay...but now with the new changes i don't have a chance in hell of ever getting Tier 1. I'm a new masters graduate and currently job searching and jobs are ranging on average at £20,000 for me! what a joke!....i used the points based calculator on ukba website and unless i earn £50,000+ (which is ridiculous) then i don't have a chance.

so to cut a long story short i'm just preparing to go back to home country as soon as my PSW is over. I also feel it's very unfair that for genuine graduates who invested alot of money in UK education and got PSW's have to adhere to the new rules, they clearly weren't thinking when they put that in. Oh well, just my 2 cents.
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

fashiru
Newly Registered

Post by fashiru » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:18 am

From the look of things guys, the easiest route for someone on PSW is tier 2 visa. Because there is some concession for someone on PWS to make the require point.

parity4me
Newly Registered

Post by parity4me » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:27 pm

It's not as easy as you make it sound...remember u will need sponsorship for Tier 2.