ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Advise - Switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inagreen
Newly Registered

Urgent Advise - Switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 1 General

Post by inagreen » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello everybody,

I am currently working in the UK under tier 1 PSW, which was granted to me on 31/10/2008, and runs out on 31/10/2010.

My current salary in the past year is 28000 GBP.

I remember last year or early this year that when I looked at extending my stay or transfering my visa to Tier 1 General, I had met the requirement. Now realised that they have increased it to 100 points.

My question is, under the points for previous earnings (salary) there's seperate points awarded if you were to transfer/ extended fro Tier 1 General visa, does this seperate point awarded to those listed under tier 1 PSW? Currently if you're applying for a tier 1 general visa my salary would give me 5 points, but I see that if you are extending/ transfering the visa from writers, etc or even tier 1 visa, I would receive 20 points.

Could someone please clarify this? It would be much appreciated.

If I can only get 5 points for my earnings then I definitely wont be able to meet the criteria.

Thanks in advance.

bagula_bhagat
BANNED

Post by bagula_bhagat » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:37 am

You will need to score 100 points for switching in to Tier-1 (General) from Tier-1 (PSW). Post Study Work visa hold are only exempt from the interim limit on the number of visa's. Rest rules are same for them as for out of country application.