ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non EEA spouse of Irish citizen queries

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xanadu
Newly Registered

non EEA spouse of Irish citizen queries

Post by Xanadu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi, I hold a non EU passport and have been in Ireland for about 2 years. My wife got her Irish passport through naturalization early this year. We have a baby who is also an Irish citizen. I have 2 queries if someone can help :
- we want my parents to come and stay with us to help us with our new born baby, but they were only given a visa for 3 months - effectively with the logistic plannings they will only be able to spend 2 months with us here. Is there any way that they can get a long stay option ?

- being the parent and spouse of an Irish citizen help me in anyway in applying for an Irish passport myself (I heard something about an application based on "Irish Associations"), if anybody knows about that in details

Thanks fo helping

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:53 pm

I am having similar dilemma mate. There is Long term dependent visa. But i dont know whether they give that or not. Let see what others say about this.
Regards
tiggs

Xanadu
Newly Registered

Post by Xanadu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:02 pm

they didnt give it in our case, though we ticked the long term 'D' visa in the application form

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi Other Gurus ,
on this forum, can you shed some light on longterm D VISA ? has anyone been successful in getting that for their parents?
regards
Tiggs

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:13 pm

there is no such thing as long term stay D visa for the parents of naturalised irish, or parents in law for irish nationals. we are in the same situation, and parents in law can only stay here 3 months max on c visit visa with no possibility to extend.
maybe something is going to be introduced in the new immigration bill.

Xanadu
Newly Registered

Post by Xanadu » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:47 pm

just refreshing this topic in case there is any updates - anyone ?
thanks