ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family permit for UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xanadu
Newly Registered

Family permit for UK

Post by Xanadu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi - I live in Ireland with my wife who holds Irish citizenship. I hold a non EU passport. I am unable to get my level of employment here in Ireland. I used to work in UK on a work permit earlier and I know that I can get better employment more suited to my work experience in UK. I was told that being the spouse of an EU citizen I can actually work in most EU countries without a work permit (including the UK). What is the best way for us if we want to relocate to the UK, what visa / permit should I apply for ? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

mo0n
BANNED

Re: Family permit for UK

Post by mo0n » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Xanadu wrote:Hi - I live in Ireland with my wife who holds Irish citizenship. I hold a non EU passport. I am unable to get my level of employment here in Ireland. I used to work in UK on a work permit earlier and I know that I can get better employment more suited to my work experience in UK. I was told that being the spouse of an EU citizen I can actually work in most EU countries without a work permit (including the UK). What is the best way for us if we want to relocate to the UK, what visa / permit should I apply for ? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
buddy u will have to apply for EEA FP (EEA FAMILY PERMIT)
CHEERS

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Then once in the UK apply for a residence card provided your wife is exercising treaty rights.