ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How dependent visa works, while applying ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

How dependent visa works, while applying ILR?

Post by Citizenofindia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:58 am

Hi All,

I am on HSMP(Tier1), entitle to get ILR in Oct 2011.

I am going to get married in march2011 and immediately apply for my wife's dependent visa. i assume she will get a visa in a month or two.

she may completes entry clearance in May2011. if it would be the case, does she eligible to apply ILR with me in Oct2011? If not, what are the possibilities????

I look forward to hear from you....

Citizenofindia

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

Post by Citizenofindia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Vinny,

Thanks to posting the link...

I have gone through that link but my one is bit different. I have got my first HSMP approval 30th Sep2006 and eligible to apply ILR in Oct2011. In this case, me & my wife would be able to apply ILR with the same application?

Citizenofindia

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:46 am

Citizenofindia wrote:I have got my first HSMP approval 30th Sep2006 and eligible to apply ILR in Oct2011. In this case, me & my wife would be able to apply ILR with the same application?
Yes.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:14 pm

This said, reading this and this will help you understand some problems that you may have to deal with when you apply for ILR for your wife at the same time as you (in 2011).

regards

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

Post by Citizenofindia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

sushdmehta wrote:This said, reading this and this will help you understand some problems that you may have to deal with when you apply for ILR for your wife at the same time as you (in 2011).

regards
*** Sushdmehta has been showing great commitment in this board...i really appreciate your commitment ***

I have gone through your posted links... it's very valuable information has been given.

Clarify me this... I have got my HSMP prior 7th nov 2006. In this case, will we (me & my wife) be eligible for ILR in Oct2011? (even my wife wouldn't complete 2 year period as a dependent)...

If YES, then which application we have to go through???

Citizenofindia

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 am

As on date, you need to use SET(O) form and include dependent(s) in the same form (but pay extra fee for dependents, details in the form itself).

Can't say if the same form will be in circulation in Oct 2011!

regards