ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I eligible to become britishcitizen?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

When can I eligible to become britishcitizen?

Post by Citizenofindia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi All,

I have got my HSMP prior to 7 Nov 2006 and also entitle to get ILR in Oct2011. Unfortunately immigration rules are tightening day by day.

As per the privious rules, i would be eligible to british citizenship(ILR + 1year).

Please guide me, Will it be same rules applicable to me or ILR +3 years ?

Citizenofindia

shs213

Re: When can I eligible to become britishcitizen?

Post by shs213 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 am

Citizenofindia wrote:Hi All,

I have got my HSMP prior to 7 Nov 2006 and also entitle to get ILR in Oct2011. Unfortunately immigration rules are tightening day by day.

As per the privious rules, i would be eligible to british citizenship(ILR + 1year).

Citizenofindia
You would be covered by the HSMP JR for pre-Nov 2006 category....

Retain evidence to prove you applied prior Nov 06...

faz123

Post by faz123 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 am

shs213 wrote:

Citizenofindia

The HSMP JR only covers you for ILR, not citizenship. Even if you are granted ILR in October 2011- 5 years- as promised, you will still have to go through the procedures/tests in place at the time in order to move on to citizenship. But it is yet unclear if they would be giving you ILR(Permanent residence) as promised by the JR or probationary citizenship because ILR may not exist as an immigration status then. But they cannot back-track on this as they have already lost the case. Moreover both Libdems and Conservatives especially Damian Green were against retrospective application of rules and were supportive of the HSMP forum cause.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 am

faz123 wrote:
shs213 wrote:

Citizenofindia

The HSMP JR only covers you for ILR, not citizenship. Even if you are granted ILR in October 2011- 5 years- as promised, you will still have to go through the procedures/tests in place at the time in order to move on to citizenship. But it is yet unclear if they would be giving you ILR(Permanent residence) as promised by the JR or probationary citizenship because ILR may not exist as an immigration status then. But they cannot back-track on this as they have already lost the case. Moreover both Libdems and Conservatives especially Damian Green were against retrospective application of rules and were supportive of the HSMP forum cause.
Well, it's still too early to comment with facts IMO...

A bit more research will confirm your eligibility for citizenship, but as prev said you will get ILR... And in my opinion you should get Citizenship in 1 year, cos probabtionary citizenship is for people who joined HSMP post Nov 06...

That's my view, i am sure this question has been answered by experts in this forum before...Hope this helps...

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

Post by Citizenofindia » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Citizenofindia
***** Waiting to get an update from Experts....

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:49 pm

I do not see a point of pondering over the issues just yet. First go and apply for ILR in ocotober 2011. Once you have ILR, then come and check what the requirements for BC are at the time of you BC application which in your case would be around end of 2012. Everyone can predict including myself, but what the point? Everyone will know the position of UKBA, if and when they actually publish rules/requirements for various categories and give a date for the implementation, and any transitional arrangements.

Citizenofindia
Newly Registered

Post by Citizenofindia » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:21 pm

mrlookforward wrote:I do not see a point of pondering over the issues just yet. First go and apply for ILR in ocotober 2011. Once you have ILR, then come and check what the requirements for BC are at the time of you BC application which in your case would be around end of 2012. Everyone can predict including myself, but what the point? Everyone will know the position of UKBA, if and when they actually publish rules/requirements for various categories and give a date for the implementation, and any transitional arrangements.
You are 100% right ....

The point is...who ever got HSMP Oct2006 ...is there any consideration to get a BC after one year of ILR!!

If there is no point to discuss before rules get changed then i will wait for it... no hurry...

Thanks for your reply.

Citizenofindia

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:24 am

Citizenofindia wrote:The point is...who ever got HSMP Oct2006 ...is there any consideration to get a BC after one year of ILR!!
faz123 wrote:The HSMP JR only covers you for ILR, not citizenship.

regards