ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statment Balance Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kristin_Zhao
Newly Registered

Bank Statment Balance Requirement

Post by Kristin_Zhao » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:27 pm

I have been advised that I need to submit 3 months' bank statement with the naturalisation application although I am employed and work fulltime. Could you please advise whether there is a requiement for minimum balance. I am not claiming any benefits. There was only £200 in my last bank statement. Will I be rejected if I submit the application now? Thank you very much.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: Bank Statment Balance Requirement

Post by joelondon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Kristin_Zhao wrote:I have been advised that I need to submit 3 months' bank statement with the naturalisation application although I am employed and work fulltime. Could you please advise whether there is a requiement for minimum balance. I am not claiming any benefits. There was only £200 in my last bank statement. Will I be rejected if I submit the application now? Thank you very much.
no need for bank statement at all :wink:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 pm

I have been advised that I need to submit 3 months' bank statement with the naturalisation application
Who on earth advised you to do that?
John

Kristin_Zhao
Newly Registered

Post by Kristin_Zhao » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 pm

I have an application pack from Jersey Immigration. 3 months' bank statements are listed in the document checklists. They also require 3 months' utility bills as well. The application form is the same as the one on the homeoffice website, but there are several extra forms to fill in. Maybe the application requirements and procedures are different from those applications submitted in mainland UK.

Has anyone applied in Jersey before?

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:41 pm

Kristin_Zhao wrote:I have an application pack from Jersey Immigration. 3 months' bank statements are listed in the document checklists. They also require 3 months' utility bills as well. The application form is the same as the one on the homeoffice website, but there are several extra forms to fill in. Maybe the application requirements and procedures are different from those applications submitted in mainland UK.

Has anyone applied in Jersey before?
You are mis-lead. Check guidelines of your form it does says all.
KESH

Kristin_Zhao
Newly Registered

Post by Kristin_Zhao » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:30 pm

On the guidence, bank statements are needed if the applicant is self-employed. I don't know why they ask me for bank statements. I am scared that my application will be rejected because I only have a small balance on my bank account. Has someone ever been rejected because of this?