ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirement for Tier 1 - Extensions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pranvayu

Requirement for Tier 1 - Extensions

Post by Pranvayu » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:52 pm

I'm sure this questions has been raised and answered previously but need to post again due to recent changes.

I am in a dilemma as to whether I should apply for Tier 1 now or not? The problem is that I will easily get the Tier 1 right now as I am able to get 100 points plus but the question is how many points will I need for an extension 2 years down the line? Presently I'm getting the following points:
Earning: 75 points (I work as consultant and am earning Rs. 20lakhs plus
Qualification: 30 points - Bachelors degree
Maintenance: 10 points
English: 10 points _ IELTS score of 7.5 band

However, after 2 years how many points will I require for an extension? I am likely to get the following points only:
Earnings: 30 or 40 max
Qual: 30 points
Maintenance: 10
English: 10

The above totals 80 or max 90 points. Will this be suffiecient for me to get an extension?

Please can anyone comment and let me know how many points would be required for an extension to Tier 1 in 2012?
Last edited by Pranvayu on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Requirement for Tier 1

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Pranvayu wrote:I'm sure this questions has been raised and answered previously but need to post again due to recent changes.

I am in a dilemma as to whether I should apply for Tier 1 now or not? The problem is that I will easily get the Tier 1 right now as I am able to get 100 points plus but the question is how many points will I need for an extension 2 years down the line? Presently I'm getting the following points:

However, after 2 years how many points will I require for an extension? I am likely to get the following points only:

The above totals 80 or max 90 points. Will this be suffiecient for me to get an extension?

Please can anyone comment and let me know how many points would be required for an extension to Tier 1 in 2012?
Unfortunately, nobody can guess how many points will be required for extension in 2012. Till now even if the rules changed, the people already in UK are not affected. So, if the new Govt. does not change this, then the rules at your initial tier 1 application will apply at the time of your extension as well.

And for age points, they are different for initial applications and extensions. For extension applications for those who got tier 1 after april 6th 2010 will be as follows.
Over 42 - 0
37 to 41 - 5
32 to 36 - 10
31 or under - 20

Pranvayu

Post by Pranvayu » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi Aruni,

Thanks so much for your reply and yeah, with UK no one can say for certain what's going to be the rule for extension in 2012 but I hope that what you've mentioned about the same rules as at the time of application should be applicable and if so, I would be OK. I would just need to ensure I get one heck of a job paying the max.

Say, would I be able to claim points for UK experinece during the extension?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Pranvayu wrote:I'm sure this questions has been raised and answered previously but need to post again due to recent changes.

Assuming rules do not change, you can still get 5 points for age, and 5 points for experience at the end of your visa. This means you will have to get 40 points for earnings.

If you can be certain of commanding a salary higher than 65,000 GBP in 2 years time, and if you do not worry about the uncertainty about extending under a possible cap, then yes, why not apply? Otherwise, forget about it, and do your career in a country that that is more appreciative of your skills and qualifications.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:44 pm

aruni4470 wrote:

DEVIL - its me wrote: :roll:
Unfortunately, nobody can guess how many points will be required for extension in 2012. Till now even if the rules changed, the people already in UK are not affected.
So, if the new Govt. does not change this, then the rules at your initial tier 1 application will apply at the time of your extension as well.
DISTURBINGLY RIGHT !!!

And for age points, they are different for initial applications and extensions. For extension applications for those who got tier 1 after april 6th 2010 will be as follows.
Over 42 - 0
37 to 41 - 5
32 to 36 - 10
31 or under - 20
right :)