ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRITISH NATURALISATION AND POLICE CAUTION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hampine
Newly Registered

BRITISH NATURALISATION AND POLICE CAUTION

Post by hampine » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:31 am

I NEED URGENT RELIABLE RESPONSE PLS.
I applied for naturalisation in july 2009 and the application was refused IN Feb 2010 bcos i had an impending prosecution from the police.I was arrested few days before i submitted the application for shoplifting an item worth 12.99, though i was innocent but the police decided to charge me over the allegation. To cut the story short, i was charged to court but the police decided to give me a caution rather than proceeding further with court case. It took so long for the police to arrive at that decision but in the mean time HO wrote to me saying the application has been refused bcos of the charges against me . I DID NOT DISCLOSE THE ARREST WHEN I APPLIED AND I HAVE NOT BEEN TOLD THAT AM BARRED FOR 10YRS.
Now that the issue has been resolved with just a police caution can i now apply for Naturalisation and also should i disclose the police caution and the initial refusal of the application. Thanks URGENT PLS

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:40 am

i was charged to court but the police decided to give me a caution rather than proceeding further with court case.
Why did you accept the caution is you were innocent?
John

hampine
Newly Registered

Post by hampine » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:50 am

I was left with no choice bcos my solicitor told me it wud take a long time before the court case starts potentially end of the year and its been going on since july 2009 and secondly i was told that the caution is like a warning and not a conviction so it is not a criminal record and besides i wanted everything to be resolved ASAP so that i can make a fresh application.

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:45 pm

If your declare it you should be fine under the following:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Cautions
3.4.1 When determining whether an applicant meets the "good character" requirement, caseworkers should not normally take into account cautions unless they fall into one of the following categories:
a.
If the caution or cautions are of a sexual nature that require the individual to be included on the Se x Offenders Register. Any application received whilst the individual is subject to reporting requirements on the Se x Offenders Register should be refused (see section 4 for further guidance).
b.
If the individual has received multiple cautions that show a pattern of offending, which causes harm to other individuals or to the community in general, and which, on the balance of probabilities, indicates the applicant is not of good character.

hampine
Newly Registered

Post by hampine » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Thank you so much for the advice.

hampine
Newly Registered

Post by hampine » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:13 pm

UPDATE

NCS or Postal: NCS Wandsworth
Date of submission : 24 Jul 2010
Received at HO: 27 Jul 2010
CRITERIA - 3 yrs Spouse.
Date of debit of debit/credit card:29 Jul 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: dated 29/07/2010 received 03/08/2010
Date of receipt of approval: 14/08/2010 Dated 09/08/2010.
Date of receive the Ceremony invitation :TBC
Date of Ceremony :TBC
Date of appln. for passport;TBC

I cant believe how quick my application was. Remember i even applied with a CAUTION received from the Police. Wishing everybody still waiting for there approval the very best of luck.

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:38 am

[quote="hampine"]UPDATE

NCS or Postal: NCS Wandsworth
Date of submission : 24 Jul 2010
Received at HO: 27 Jul 2010
CRITERIA - 3 yrs Spouse.
Date of debit of debit/credit card:29 Jul 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: dated 29/07/2010 received 03/08/2010
Date of receipt of approval: 14/08/2010 Dated 09/08/2010.
Date of receive the Ceremony invitation :TBC
Date of Ceremony :TBC
Date of appln. for passport;TBC

I cant believe how quick my application was. Remember i even applied with a CAUTION received from the Police. Wishing everybody still waiting for there approval the very best of luck.[/quote]

heartiest congratulations.i think u deserved fair decision.

londoncitizen
Newly Registered

Re: BRITISH NATURALISATION AND POLICE CAUTION

Post by londoncitizen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 am

hampine wrote:I DID NOT DISCLOSE THE ARREST WHEN I APPLIED
Sorry for opening the old post, however I've got a question.
It is clearly said that if you give false information you might be prosecuted arrest/fine.

Just wondering how come they didn't prosecute you even after knowing that you have provided false information.

It is just a curiosity and don't get offended by the question ;)

Nazia88

Re: BRITISH NATURALISATION AND POLICE CAUTION

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 pm

londoncitizen wrote:
hampine wrote:I DID NOT DISCLOSE THE ARREST WHEN I APPLIED
Sorry for opening the old post, however I've got a question.
It is clearly said that if you give false information you might be prosecuted arrest/fine.

Just wondering how come they didn't prosecute you even after knowing that you have provided false information.

It is just a curiosity and don't get offended by the question ;)
just very lucky .....thats only we can......i have one friend of mine she got her BC and she didnt declare her conviction that was 2 year ago its just luck
NAZIA XX