ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when to ask for EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manudam
Newly Registered

when to ask for EEA2

Post by manudam » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:05 pm

HI everybody,

I am a French national about to start a teaching job in London. I have been living with my South American partner for two years and entered into a civil partnership with him for little over a year and he has an appointment later this month for an EEA family permit so he can come with me.

It should be pretty straightforward. We understand we have to ask for EEA2 before the FP expires. Let's say the EEAFP starts on 10 August, then it will expire on 10 February. The problem is he will need to come back to France once or twice between September and December and he's planning to go see his family in South America in December (until early January)

My question therefore is: When should we apply for EEA2?

If we apply in October and send the supporting documents they ask for, HO is going to ask for 'further evidence' of us living together I reckon. And at the same time we'll have to ask for his passport back (for his travels)...which is going to be a pain...and take a long time since maybe his application will be delayed.

Now let's say we send the whole thing in January (along with the passport and my ID, bla bla bla...). Once we receive the COA (hopefully before the EEAFP expires), can we wait safely knowing that the COA will be enough for him to find work until he gets an answer from HO? If I understood it correctly, eve if he has not received his RC yet, the COA will be enough? Am I correct?

vinny

Re: when to ask for EEA2

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:10 am

manudam wrote:My question therefore is: When should we apply for EEA2?
See also How soon after arriving in the UK on Family Permit can you
manudam wrote:If we apply in October and send the supporting documents they ask for, HO is going to ask for 'further evidence' of us living together I reckon. And at the same time we'll have to ask for his passport back (for his travels)...which is going to be a pain...and take a long time since maybe his application will be delayed.

Now let's say we send the whole thing in January (along with the passport and my ID, bla bla bla...). Once we receive the COA (hopefully before the EEAFP expires), can we wait safely knowing that the COA will be enough for him to find work until he gets an answer from HO? If I understood it correctly, eve if he has not received his RC yet, the COA will be enough? Am I correct?
See also Preventing illegal working > Guidance booklets for employers
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manudam
Newly Registered

Post by manudam » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:56 am

ok thank you Vinny that was very informative :-)