ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from home country deadline

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polaris_wichita
Newly Registered

Applying from home country deadline

Post by polaris_wichita » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:22 am

Hello,

I am applying for the PSW from my home country, according to the application form I have a 12-month period after finshing my studies to apply for it, however, it is not clear to me if such period runs from the time I finished my studies or from the time of the date on my certificate (there is approximately a month of difference)

thanks a lot!

I.

dilbar505
Newly Registered

Post by dilbar505 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 am

hi,

the date is your results letter from the university when you were notified officially from the university that you have succesfully completed your course and not the date on the main certificate, hope this clears your doubt.

polaris_wichita
Newly Registered

Post by polaris_wichita » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:45 am

Hi Dilbar,

The thing is...I never got such a letter from the University, I left the Uk shortly after I had finished my course and I got my certificate 4 months later,by post. When I started looking into the documents I needed, I had the University send me a letter stating the dates I had attended and when I had recieved the award, and the letter says this:

" the above named student was registered as a full time post graduate student in the faculty of....at this university for the period 29 sep 2008 -28 sep 2009 in the degree of...

She has completed her course and achieve a classification of .....she was awarded the degree on 25 of november" (this is the same date on the certificate)

In this case, do I have until sep-29-2010 or until november??

I'm a little worried cause the bank account funds will have 3 months in the middle of september and I'm afraid I wont have enough time to request a bank letter (its a UK bank, so they would have to post it), and I have read that people have been refused their visa due to electronic bank statements.

Thanks a lot!

I.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:12 am

25-Nov.

regards