ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

degree certificate don't state that it taught in English

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jais001
Newly Registered

degree certificate don't state that it taught in English

Post by jais001 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:18 am

IN PBS Appendix 1 Section:

6.6 Put a cross (x) in the relevant box to confirm how you verified your degree was taught in English:

1.The points-based calculator shows the degree was taught in English; Go to Question 6.9
2. The points-based calculator does not show the qualification is equivalent to a United Kingdom degree but a UK NARIC letter and/or certificate is enclosed; Go to Question 6.7
3. The points-based calculator shows the qualification is equivalent to a United Kingdom degree but does not show the qualification was taught in English; Go to Question 6.7

In my case for section 6.6. option 1 is applicable as the PBS Calculator Tool shows my college is in the list and shows the 10 points for degree taught in english.

Do I still have to submit a certificate from college stating my degree was taught in English?

Please suggest if somebody already got the visa in same case, as my degree certificate does not clearly state the degree was taught in English.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:59 am

no need as PBS shows univ/college.

Keep your Original degree cert ready.