ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When are the new ILR rules expected to be announced?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghusn
Newly Registered

When are the new ILR rules expected to be announced?

Post by raghusn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:20 am

I came to UK in Sept. 2006 on a work permit and switched to HSMP in Oct.2007 and got extension with Tier-1 which is valid till Oct 2012.
I was hoping to get the ILR in Aug 2011 but then the rules changed to Provisional Citizenship for one to three year effective July 2011.

At present I believe the picture is unclear. When do we expect some clarity to emerge?
I am anxious to know since my second and third children come into university in 2011 /2013. I was hoping we would have the ILR / PC by then and they will not pay the international fee. (We are already paying international fee for my first one doing the six-year medicine course at Cambridge)
Once I get the picture clear, I will have to plan the future course and hence my anxiety - may be we need to send the second and third to India for their studies, which I hate to do as they are doing great in their studies here.
Any advice about which way things are likely to go and when we can expect to know the picture will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading and for your thoughts.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 pm