ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP work experience no points given

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gautat

HSMP work experience no points given

Post by gautat » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:50 am

Folks,

I need your expertise comments and suggetion. Yesterday I called up regarding status of my HSMP application and it was refused. :(
I have claimed for 80 points (15 for education + 35 for work experience + 25 for earning + 5 for age). However caseworker
only approved 45 points and didnt get me any points in work experience category. I was so disappointed since I have provided
all the documents like offer letter, appointment letter, visiting card (if they need phone number for further verification),
promotion letter, pay slips, bank statement (referring the same salary was debited) and also a letter indicating
it was full time graduate level job having mentioned all my roles and responsibilities in depth. In spite I provided
all the required evidence as per hsmp requirement and still no points were given for this category.

I have 5 yrs of experience working in field of IT and all this 5 yrs I worked with 5 companies. So the level of complexity
was high as there were lot of documents. I spoke with my case worker regarding this and he told that he feel that the level
of work that is mentioned in the letter of company X (current company) is not enough he need more than this. I am working in IT
MNC and as oracle dba and there is generic job description what my employer wrote on the letter which is given below

Creates new database objects, dictionaries. Creates lists, control tables (and records) and uses pre-defined coding schemes necessary to process data with inputs from development/user groups and creates standard documentation. Conducts/creates or updates data validation checks using industry standard methodology.
Perform security management by auditing and maintaining roles, privileges, and user profiles.
Develops, upgrades, and maintains medium to large size database systems.
May be responsible for planning and upgrading of major and complex application and database upgrades.
Extensive knowledge of configuring and tuning database tier components for any enterprise applications suite.
Working knowledge of configuring and tuning of web and application servers.
Exposure in installing, patching and maintaining of any Enterprise Applications suite (CRM, ERP, etc) in a multi-tier environment.

I am surprised to hear that the job description given above is not enough. I just cant ask my employer to write more than this. What
should I do with this.

Now regarding other work experience evidence i provided, he feels that some of them he couldnt verify.He was only able
to verify experience of 1.4 yrs and he cant give any points for this. My all the experiences are genuine and I have provided
all the documents whether relavant or irrelavant like visiting card, bank statement with salary debit entries, offer letter, promotion letter etc.

I assume that they might have overlooked one of the document which I attached in application. I clearly mention that I was working in a division of x company
which was on top of town during dot com boom and which got closed after I left the company however they are still operational in there head office
and I have clearly mentioned that there is change of address and change of number should be needed for verification

Should I apply for review again? If yes what evidence should I provide to prove that my experience is genuine experience.
Shall I provide all 5 yrs IT return? As I know in review policy no new evidence should be attached. How should I go about it please advise.

Thanks in advance.

rehan786
Newly Registered

Post by rehan786 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:16 am

Sorry to hear about your result unfortunetly your job description is not fulfill the HSMP criteria according to them you should show decision making reponsibilities in your last job I mean some supervisory work. The responsibilities you show is basically a programmer level job.
which they think not a graduate level.

In opinion it is better to apply again rather then request for review.

:idea:

rehan786
Newly Registered

Post by rehan786 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:20 am

Are you an In country Applicant

gautat

Post by gautat » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:43 am

I am outcountry applicant and the letter not only had above roles & responsibilities given but specifically written that its a graduate level experience and we requirement of this position is minimum bachelors degree.

BTW responsibilities I mentioned are for senior level. Its for ERP database administrator.

Bako
Newly Registered

Post by Bako » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:07 am

gautat,

You can appeal for a review of the decision although it might take longer time to process. Maybe up to three months. However, in your appeal, state your arguments and ASK THEM TO AWARD YOU POINTS ACCORDINGLY. With this, even if they feel that you do not merit the 35 points claimed, they wil at least land at 25 point which will be enough to get approval for you.

Bako

gautat

Post by gautat » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:00 pm

Mwazir, Chess, kalyami.. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

yohes
Newly Registered

Post by yohes » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:05 pm

Did you read the caseworkers manual? It has got a detailed secton on IT job experience.It explains what is graduate level and what is not.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:33 pm

I agree with Bako. If you are confident of the quality of your documentation and have the time on hand then you should go in for an appeal. You dont need all the 35 points, even if they award you only 2 years work experience you will still get the requisite for getting an approval.

Also compose a proper appeals letter stating reasons for your appeal and then go on to list the documents submitted for your work experience. You mentioned speaking to your case workers. You will have to put forth the arguments in your favour in a proper fashion so that on appeal they can be taken into account for.

As you have already stated you cannot supply any other extra documentation other than what was already submitted in the initial application. If you think you have more documentation to supply then it will have to be a new applicatioin.

Also take a look at the caseworkes manual as advised by others. It will give you a good idea on how the points were alloted.