ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa without valid US visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukvisitor
Newly Registered

UK Visitor Visa without valid US visa

Post by ukvisitor » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:32 pm

I am an Indian citizen currently in the US with a valid I-797 and I-94. I do not have a stamped H1B visa. I am planning to travel to India in September and will get my H1B visa stamped.

On the way to India, I plan to visit the UK for 5 days to spend time with family there so I am applying for a UK Visitor Visa. What documents will I need for proving my eligibility to be in the US when I apply for a UK Visitor Visa? My concern is that I will not be able to prove that I can re-enter the US without a valid US visa.

What should I do?

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Under what visa are you currently in the US?

regards

ukvisitor
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisitor » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 pm

I am currently on an H1-B visa in the US for which I have an I-797 and I-94. My last entry to the country was on an L1 visa which has since expired.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 am

Unless you can prove that you can re-enter US, I don't think you'll be able to apply for UK visitor visa from there.

For information regarding visitor visa, check UKVisas.

regards

kewlclassic

Post by kewlclassic » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Hi UKVisitor

Did you applied for the visit visa to UK? Did you got it? I have the same situation like yours and want to apply for UK visitor visa.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks