ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EVidence of living together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newtoforum
Newly Registered

EVidence of living together

Post by newtoforum » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi all,

2 quick questions for unmarried partner visa

1) I was living with my partner as soon as he separated from his wife, his divorce has just been finalised. Does the 2 years start from when he separated or from his decree absolute?

2) We moved after one year in the same house, do we need to show 6 proof of address with both our names from each address? Or 6 in total spanning the 2 years?

Thanks all!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:39 pm

From when he separated. What visa category do you (or your partner)have at present?

newtoforum
Newly Registered

Post by newtoforum » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Casa wrote:From when he separated. What visa category do you (or your partner)have at present?
I am on a work permit (valid until 3/3/2011) and partner is a British citizen.

I qualify for Tier 1 (general) and we're getting married but since I already qualify to apply for unmarried partner to get it out of the way first.

Also, I am planning on changing jobs.

Do we need 6 proofs of living together from each address or just 6 proofs across 2 years?

How can I prove he was separated from his wife (aside from living at the same address with me?) or will they take my word for it?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:26 am

You'll need proof that you've been living together in a relationship 'akin to marriage' from the date he separated from his wife. Proof of joint address and preferably joint commitments...bills, finances etc.
You're applying for unmarried partner visa FLR(M)? This asks for 6 documents from at least 3 different sources (i.e utility bills, council tax, official letters etc) spread as evenly as possible over the 2 years, preferably in joint names. If not sufficient in joint names then submit additional proof in single names.
You don't need 6 from each address.

newtoforum
Newly Registered

Post by newtoforum » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:21 pm

I'll put some stuff together and see how it looks like.