ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Great news and some new advice please!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danizinha
Newly Registered

Great news and some new advice please!

Post by danizinha » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Hello everyone.

I want to thank everyone for their help over the last few weeks regarding the questions I had re the fiance visa.

My brazilian boyfriend was granted a fiance visa to the uk and he landed here last week, I am so happy.

I just wondered if anyone could tell me the dos and donts on a fiance visa. I know he cannot work, but is he allowed to do a college course? get a bank account etc? Just wondered if anyone could tell me or point me in the righ direction of where I can find this out?

Also does anyone know if it is possible for us to get married in Europe or do we have to get married in the UK?

Thanks again everyone and good luck to you all x

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:02 am

See also SET1.21 What immigration conditions apply upon entry to a fiancé(e) applicant?
danizinha wrote:Also does anyone know if it is possible for us to get married in Europe or do we have to get married in the UK?
Immediately after marriage in the UK, he may switch.

If you/he marry elsewhere, then he should apply for a spouse visa before travelling to the UK!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.