ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS IT NORMAL THAT CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION DOESNT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adegbeng
Newly Registered

IS IT NORMAL THAT CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION DOESNT

Post by adegbeng » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 am

is it normal that the certificate of application doesnt state the right to work
i am a non ee spouse of a europeen citizen,,it is my treaty right to work and live in the uk so can i apply for a job with this short version of COA or chase them for a longer one?

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:04 pm

I've received probably the same COA that nothing is menthioned about to the right to work while waiting for a resident card.

I posted about the same question as you here before, and what I've heard is that the COA not mentioning about the rights to work while waiting is for the applicants who're the extended family members or the unmarried partners of the EEA citizens. I'm married to an EEA citizen, but its seems it often happens that even married spouses receive the COA for the extended family/unmarried partner as a mistake??

As some advices in this forum, I've heard that the married supouses have the right to work while waiting, but not the extented family members/unmarried partners.