ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Tier 1 on same day application @ Sheffield

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sam_tier1
Newly Registered

Got Tier 1 on same day application @ Sheffield

Post by sam_tier1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks to all the people who have contributed in creating this superb information repository!!
I would definitely not have got the confidence to apply by myself and would have probably gone through an agent, had it been not for this forum...

Now some details:
Previous Visa: Tier-2, Intra Company Transfer
Date of application: 14th July
Place of Application: Sheffield PEO
Processing Time: 2hrs 20 mins
New Visa: Tier-1 General, Valid till July 2012

Documents submitted:
1. Tweaked version of the cover letter, available in the respective thread.
2. Salary Calculation sheet: Mine was a slightly complicated case, with 3 months salary in UK, next 4 months in India & the remaining 5 months again in UK. So used a separate sheet to make things clear for the case worker.
3. Application Form
4. 2 photographs
5. Degree Certificate
6. Attested copy of printouts for Bank Statements for 12 months
7. Attested copy of salary slips for 12 months

Gave generic reference letters from Bank & employer, but not sure if they were of any use. They were more for reference check with contact details, in case UKBA wanted to verify the authenticity of docs. Though I am sure that they did not call up anyone, as the entire process took slightly over 2 hrs (from the time I entered the building for security check, to the time I left with my stamped passport).

Do let me know, if I can be of help with any specific information that anybody needs..

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Got Tier 1 on same day application @ Sheffield

Post by aspirant99 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:16 am

sam_tier1 wrote:Thanks to all the people who have contributed in creating this superb information repository!!
I would definitely not have got the confidence to apply by myself and would have probably gone through an agent, had it been not for this forum...

Now some details:
Previous Visa: Tier-2, Intra Company Transfer
Date of application: 14th July
Place of Application: Sheffield PEO
Processing Time: 2hrs 20 mins
New Visa: Tier-1 General, Valid till July 2012

Documents submitted:
1. Tweaked version of the cover letter, available in the respective thread.
2. Salary Calculation sheet: Mine was a slightly complicated case, with 3 months salary in UK, next 4 months in India & the remaining 5 months again in UK. So used a separate sheet to make things clear for the case worker.
3. Application Form
4. 2 photographs
5. Degree Certificate
6. Attested copy of printouts for Bank Statements for 12 months
7. Attested copy of salary slips for 12 months

Gave generic reference letters from Bank & employer, but not sure if they were of any use. They were more for reference check with contact details, in case UKBA wanted to verify the authenticity of docs. Though I am sure that they did not call up anyone, as the entire process took slightly over 2 hrs (from the time I entered the building for security check, to the time I left with my stamped passport).

Do let me know, if I can be of help with any specific information that anybody needs..
Congratulations!!

d1o

Post by d1o » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:43 am

Just wanted to know if there is a waiting area at the Sheffield PEO. I mean if I went with someone (cos I'd have to drive from London to Sheffield) would they be allowed into the office with me, even if they had to wait in reception or a lounge while I went about my business.

Secondly, did you have to staple your application form (it's 75 pages) and did you also have to submit photocopies of the form as well?

thanks.