ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Study Experience Points - Can I Claim Points???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bri
Newly Registered

UK Study Experience Points - Can I Claim Points???

Post by Bri » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:31 am

Hi All,

The UKBA site says that for UK study experience, confirmation must be provided that "you undertook a period of full-time study equivalent to at least one full academic year..." However, I carried out a combination of both work-based training and in-class instruction for a full year, full time in order to earn a post-graduate professional level qualification in the UK under a TWES visa. So, the question is, can I earn UK study experience points for a predominantly work-based training programme?

Any one have any thoughts / opinions on this? I've called the UKBA customer centre and they've said it would be up to the case worker to decide, but it should be fine since the programme was for a full year. But, I'd like to be a bit more confident before submitting my application that work-based training and not just study alone is acceptable.

Please, please let me know what your opinions are!!!