ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your Honest opinion requested

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnanmanzoor

Your Honest opinion requested

Post by adnanmanzoor » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:15 am

This is to all seniors and gurus who are already in uk
I am planning to apply next week and I believe i will score 100 points because of my income. however, considering the costs and benefits of relocating to UK, i m really confused.. I require honest suggestions from those who are already in uk. My issues are :

1) I am currently doing MS in Economics which will be completed in december 2011. I am applying for tier 1 now because i am about to reach 30 in feb next year so if do not apply now i will lose points on age. my issue is even if get my visa and discontnue my degree, will it be worthwhile? I have an offer from a university and during my stay in uk i can complete Msc in Economics as a part time student. how good this option is? i mean get the visa, find a good job in uk, complete some international certifications in finance and continue to study at a university also? OR

2) I do not apply now, complete my MS and than apply for a Mphil or PHD at any good university in UK and come on student visa after few years.

What is the best option? please help me clarify this confusion
Adnan

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: Your Honest opinion requested

Post by adityak77 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:48 am

adnanmanzoor wrote:This is to all seniors and gurus who are already in uk
I am planning to apply next week and I believe i will score 100 points because of my income. however, considering the costs and benefits of relocating to UK, i m really confused.. I require honest suggestions from those who are already in uk. My issues are :

1) I am currently doing MS in Economics which will be completed in december 2011. I am applying for tier 1 now because i am about to reach 30 in feb next year so if do not apply now i will lose points on age. my issue is even if get my visa and discontnue my degree, will it be worthwhile? I have an offer from a university and during my stay in uk i can complete Msc in Economics as a part time student. how good this option is? i mean get the visa, find a good job in uk, complete some international certifications in finance and continue to study at a university also? OR

2) I do not apply now, complete my MS and than apply for a Mphil or PHD at any good university in UK and come on student visa after few years.

Well, It depends on your financial condition to support the education in UK.
Advantages - You get higher points for education. If Tier-1 stays post April 2011

Don't know how things will be in UK after 2011 from the job perspective

If I were you, I would be completing current education, and then thinking whats later. Plus you are only 30.

Again these are my thoughts/

push
United Kingdom

Re: Your Honest opinion requested

Post by push » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 am

adnanmanzoor wrote:This is to all seniors and gurus who are already in uk

You need to clarify what you want to do in the first place i.e. is the intention to do a higher degree from UK (on student VISA) and go back? Enter the job market in UK and or settle down in UK. Student VISA does not lead to settlement.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:22 pm

My intentions are to settle in UK and also do a higher degree from there.. what i m looking for is an honest opinion about the best possible option that i can exercise considering uk job market and economy. Will it be a better bet if come to UK after getting tier 1 now? or I apply for my visa, get it , complete my current degree and than come to uk? it means a gap of almost a year from the date of issuance of my visa if i get it..
Adnan

drmastoi

HI

Post by drmastoi » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Complete your MSC ..

you will get an other chance later ,rules change every now and then in UK but dont lose your degree..

.studying in UK is quite expensive 10 thousand pounds Plus expenses . and no guarantee of job even if you got degree from UK.

complete your degree and see where you stand in 2011.

Good Luck

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:33 pm

It really depends on your personal circumstances, how risk averse you are and what is your take on the future VISA framework in UK and overall economy. I guess we can draw a very simple inference here - VISA rules are likely to modified to restrict new entrants to the job market generally if the economic outlook for UK is bad .
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:59 pm

UK GRAduate r struggling to get job this will be scenario for nex 2-3 years exceptions r always

complete yr education , present age will not come and it is really hard to concentrate at later stage of life

topman
Newly Registered

Post by topman » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:29 pm

if you are determined to come to uk either now or later, i would say, come now with tier-1 general. i been in student visa in few countries. trust me student visa is one of the worst visas that restricts so much on doing things. so if you have option for tier 1 general, just apply and come. with tier 1 general you can do whatever u want including study and finish your ms. good luck.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:16 am

What if i apply now? get the visa.. stay back in Pakistan and complete my degree and than go to UK. I will have in that case only 10 months of my visa which means i may not be eligible for extension..
Adnan

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:38 pm

topman wrote:if you are determined to come to uk either now or later, i would say, come now with tier-1 general. i been in student visa in few countries. trust me student visa is one of the worst visas that restricts so much on doing things. so if you have option for tier 1 general, just apply and come. with tier 1 general you can do whatever u want including study and finish your ms. good luck.
I think you will have limited freedom to do ur study with T1 General. You cant pursue your full time degree with T1 General, becos it is a work VISA and not a study VISA.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:48 pm

indianinworld wrote:You cant pursue your full time degree with T1 General, becos it is a work VISA and not a study VISA.
Reading this will help.

regards

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
indianinworld wrote:You cant pursue your full time degree with T1 General, becos it is a work VISA and not a study VISA.
Reading this will help.

regards
Right.... And If this letter is official, then this should answer all.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:12 pm

What I am looking for is whether considering the current situation of UK's economy and changing rules every now and then, is it a better bet to come to uk considering my situation..
Adnan

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:28 pm

adnanmanzoor wrote:What I am looking for is whether considering the current situation of UK's economy and changing rules every now and then, is it a better bet to come to uk considering my situation..
Based on ur skills and confidence level, Please take ur own call. After all it is ur VISA and you paid for it. Everybody is unique and everybody have their own views and so they provide inputs.
Disclaimer :

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 pm

The whole idea is about intentions. If one intends to settle, one will/should find the legal way of doing it. If one intends to study, so be it.

The first and foremost question I would ask myself in such a situation is "What do I want to do with my life?" and that is fundamentally essential for having a clear "focus".

Cheers!