ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa extension refused - College suspended

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

If tier-4 student visa is refused due to education provider's licence suspension, should education provider compensate the student in case of visa refusal or loss of study?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Yes [Its their fault, they don't have proper system in place]
100%
No [Its UKBA's fault they suspend without any good reason]
No votes
No [Its not in their control, system is too complicated]
No votes

Total votes: 1

appeals
Newly Registered

Student visa extension refused - College suspended

Post by appeals » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:08 pm

I have done my MBA from Uni of Wales on 30 Jun 2010, my study centre was a college. I have got my visa refused because my college's licence was suspended.

Background

1. I applied for extension of student visa on 23 Jan 2010 as my visa was expiring on 31 Jan 2010. College licence was suspended on 19 Jan 2010. I already had visa letter from the college.
2. I have received refusal letter on last week of May 2010, UKBA refused it due to college licence suspension as I could not get 30 points.
3. I have lodged an appeal and also have finished my MBA in Jun 2010.

What are available options for me.

Options

1. I should take admission in another college but as I have already done my MBA it is point less.
2. I should apply for PSW as I fulfill all requirements, I believe they will consider my stay legal during the appeal period and give me 10 points for it. They can hold my case until my student visa appeal decision (Hearing is in second week of September.
3. They will issue me student visa as I full fill requirements.
4. I need to go back home and apply for PSW.
5. Do I need to justify what I have done after MBA or I dont need to study and wait for the appeal decision.

I would appreciate your valuable comments.

:roll:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:15 pm