ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CFA LEVEL 1

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gtamfreak
Newly Registered

CFA LEVEL 1

Post by gtamfreak » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Hello All,

I am an MBA banking and finance student from an ordinary university. I have no work experience what so ever and looking forward to start my career in finance. Will passing CFA level 1 get me an entry level job? Or is it just a waste of time?

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:00 am

Hi,

I doubt you would be able to make much headway in the financial services sector with just CFA level 1 for a number of reasons:

1- Level-1 just ensures that you have a base level of capability and lots of people have that. To really leverage CFA, you have to pass all 3 parts.

2- Having experience would make a difference. Without experience, the knowledge you are going to gain is all theoretical.

3- Tying in to the above 2 factors, the biggest hurdle is the dire state of the financial services industry, not just in UK but worldwide. There are lots of very qualified and experienced folks without jobs looking for a way back in.

Summing up, will the CFA help ---- Yes it will though I recommend that you do all the parts to really boost your chances for a good job but don't just count on it to get you through.

Best of luck.

Regards,
mesam.