ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Can we show Indian bank account?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rrrr19
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Can we show Indian bank account?

Post by rrrr19 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi,
I am having Tier 1 and came to london 1 month before and got a job now. I like to take my wife and child from india with dependent visa now. But i dont have currently any fund maintenance in uk bank account, but i am having sufficient funds in my indian bank account. Can we show them for taking the visa?
If yes, should we show for me,wife and child like (2800+1600+1600) or its enough to show for my wife and child alone from my bank account like (1600+1600)

Thanks,
Ranjit.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Can we show Indian bank account?

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 pm

rrrr19 wrote:Hi,
I am having Tier 1 and came to london 1 month before and got a job now. I like to take my wife and child from india with dependent visa now. But i dont have currently any fund maintenance in uk bank account, but i am having sufficient funds in my indian bank account. Can we show them for taking the visa?
If yes, should we show for me,wife and child like (2800+1600+1600) or its enough to show for my wife and child alone from my bank account like (1600+1600)

Thanks,
Ranjit.
You can show your bank account in India. About your second question, there has been a lot of discussion on this forum. While I believe (as mentioned in the policy guidance), it should be maintenance for all three of you (800+1600+1600), you would come across some members of this forum who have got dependant visas by only showing maintenance for dependants(1600+1600).

44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

destiniation_london

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Can we show Indian bank account?

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:32 am

aruni4470 wrote:
rrrr19 wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
Ranjit.
You can show your bank account in India. About your second question, there has been a lot of discussion on this forum. While I believe (as mentioned in the policy guidance), it should be maintenance for all three of you (800+1600+1600), you would come across some members of this forum who have got dependant visas by only showing maintenance for dependants(1600+1600).

44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf
I totally agree with what you say, but there is some contradicting information present at official site-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entofunds/

It specifically says maintenance for main applicant if he's been in UK for less than 12 months...but it just says main applicant should have 533£ for each dependant...please read it carefully and you will know what i mean..

am just copying the section from above link -
If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.
If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the highly skilled worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.