ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surprise Letter from UKBA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolcalm
Newly Registered

Surprise Letter from UKBA

Post by coolcalm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 pm

A quick background. In 2003, I applied to the HO on humanitarian ground, in btw the application I got married to my EEA wife and made a new application as a family member of an EEA. I was granted 5 yrs in July 2004. I began divorce process with my wife in 2009 (just b/4 i applied for my PR.)

I applied for PR in June 2009. Got decree Absolute in Jan 2010. My PR application was accepted in Feb 2010 and I was sent the Certificate of Application in Feb 2010 .

I am now awaiting decision from UKBA on my PR but strangely I got a letter from the UKBA last week stating that I am one of those whose Human Rights application is pending and they want me to send them my passport and passport photographs as they need to decide on the application.

This is strange to me as I already have residency and I'm awaiting the decision on my PR. The reference on the letter is the same as the one on my current residency.

My questions now are:
How should I react to this request.
Why would the UKBA be referering to an old application when I have a current and pending EEA application with them.

Any advice will be appreciated

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am

What did you apply for on humanitarian ground?

And your latest situation is that you have COA for EEA4 but divored. Did you finish 5 yr as a family member with EU member?

Generally i think you can simply withdraw one application out of two when both of them are under consideration at the same time if u know that by keeping one ON is enough for you....

Add some details about your application, i am sure there is a solution for it.

Regards

coolcalm
Newly Registered

Post by coolcalm » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:51 pm

jackEM wrote:What did you apply for on humanitarian ground?

And your latest situation is that you have COA for EEA4 but divored. Did you finish 5 yr as a family member with EU member?

Generally i think you can simply withdraw one application out of two when both of them are under consideration at the same time if u know that by keeping one ON is enough for you....

Add some details about your application, i am sure there is a solution for it.

Regards
I completed 5yr with my wife.
*We married in 2003.
*issued residence card in in July 2004
*Began divorce in April 2009
*made sole application to HO for PR / retention of residence in June 2009
*application returned in Aug 2009 asking me to include Decree Absolute when available together with wife's proof of exercising Treaty Rights
*Got DA in Jan 2010
*resend PR/retention of residence in Feb 2010 with all docs
*got COA in March 2010

Human Rights application was done on my behalf by my solicitor in Jan 2003 but we never followed it up since my marriage overtook it.
[/list]

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:53 am

I completed 5yr with my wife.
*We married in 2003.
*issued residence card in in July 2004
*Began divorce in April 2009
*made sole application to HO for PR / retention of residence in June 2009
*application returned in Aug 2009 asking me to include Decree Absolute when available together with wife's proof of exercising Treaty Rights
*Got DA in Jan 2010
*resend PR/retention of residence in Feb 2010 with all docs
*got COA in March 2010

Human Rights application was done on my behalf by my solicitor in Jan 2003 but we never followed it up since my marriage overtook it.

What was visa status in 2003 before you got married......
Asylum seeker, student, visitor or ?

In any case you can simply write to Humanitarian app telling that you passport is with HO already for such and such reason....

But for example If you Human Right app was for ILR or something then its worth focusing on that one........

If you are clear with PR application then post the details of you Human Right app and let see what are the possibilities of that one......

Regards