ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vbrksa
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds Query

Post by vbrksa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:43 am

Hi everyone

I applied for Tier 2 (General) visa yesterday at the New Delhi vfs centre. Unfortunately, things did not go as smooth as I had hoped for!

I provided my last 3 month UK bank statement for the maintenance funds. The problem was as I am in India at the moment it isnt possible for me to get the actual statements from the bank in the UK so I simply printed the online statement for the said duration and got it stamped from the Delhi branch of my bank. The person taking my documents at VFS created a serious doubt in my mind that my document might not be sufficient as it does not have the logo and name of the bank. As per him an official stamp certifying it as a true copy was not sufficient.

I would be grateful if anyone can advice me whether the stamped statement would be sufficient or not.

Many thanks.

V

h_a

Post by h_a » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 am

read the Tier 2 guidance from ukba website
it clearly says abt bank statements tht wat they shud mention
hope tht helps

vbrksa
Newly Registered

Post by vbrksa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks for replying h_a. Here is the relevant part of the guidelines

If you wish to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to provide a supporting letter from your bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively, an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

I read the last two lines and thought a simple electronic statement with an official statement would be enough. Probably, read too much into the word 'alternatively'. I submitted a similar bank statement last year for my student visa last year and did not have this problem.

Just wondering if anyone had been in similar situation and can help me advice what to do. Is it possible to submit additional documents once the application is under process?

h_a

Post by h_a » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 am

did u also give offical letter headed paper frm bank too abt the authenticity of these statements...
no i dun think u can submit ne document once it is in process...as the pak vac centres clearly mentions us b4 submittin....

h_a

Post by h_a » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 am

try callin ur VAC and ask em may b its diff there...take views frm ppl
hope tht helps
all d very best

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:36 pm

You might get lucky if your application is dealt with by a naive caseworker because there's lot that you have missed!

Consider yourself lucky if you get the EC.

regards

vbrksa
Newly Registered

Post by vbrksa » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi Sushd

Thanks for replying. Please tell me what more have I missed and if there is anything I can do? I am fretting over it as I never had such a problem before.

Many thanks.

zunera mahmood

Fixed Deposit as maintence funds for tier-2 dependent visa

Post by zunera mahmood » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 pm

i need some information regarding proof of financial support for my wife and my son who will be applying for the dependant visa shortly.
What they have with them is a fixed Deposit certificate in my name for the amount which is the minimum requirement which should be mainatined for a period of three months (Rs200,000= GBP 2857) which has been matured on the 24th March 2010 and is available for encashment immediately as and when required and along with it there is a letter from the bank manager stating all the details and acknowledges and certifies its authenticity. therefore i would like to know whether this would suffice as for the financial support for her . i would appreciate your advice/help on this regard as im gonna apply next week ..
thanks ..
zunera

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Fixed Deposit as maintence funds for tier-2 dependent vi

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:41 pm

zunera mahmood wrote:i need some information regarding proof of financial support for my wife and my son who will be applying for the dependant visa shortly.
What they have with them is a fixed Deposit certificate in my name for the amount which is the minimum requirement which should be mainatined for a period of three months (Rs200,000= GBP 2857) which has been matured on the 24th March 2010 and is available for encashment immediately as and when required and along with it there is a letter from the bank manager stating all the details and acknowledges and certifies its authenticity. therefore i would like to know whether this would suffice as for the financial support for her . i would appreciate your advice/help on this regard as im gonna apply next week ..
thanks ..
Check with local VAC if term deposits are considered acceptable evidence of maintenance funds and if so, what documents will you need to provide.

regards

zunera mahmood

hey

Post by zunera mahmood » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:36 pm

hey guys i applied my visa on the 29 july ..based on fixed deposit as maintenence funds.....wating for the results.....
zunera

baggioc0263
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance Funds Query

Post by baggioc0263 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:37 pm

vbrksa wrote:Hi everyone

I applied for Tier 2 (General) visa yesterday at the New Delhi vfs centre. Unfortunately, things did not go as smooth as I had hoped for!

I provided my last 3 month UK bank statement for the maintenance funds. The problem was as I am in India at the moment it isnt possible for me to get the actual statements from the bank in the UK so I simply printed the online statement for the said duration and got it stamped from the Delhi branch of my bank. The person taking my documents at VFS created a serious doubt in my mind that my document might not be sufficient as it does not have the logo and name of the bank. As per him an official stamp certifying it as a true copy was not sufficient.

I would be grateful if anyone can advice me whether the stamped statement would be sufficient or not.

Many thanks.

V
Basically, eletronic on-line bank atatements have the logo and name of banks. I don't understand why your on-line bank statements don't have got these stuff. You are supposed to go to the bank and ask for a print of your bank statments produced from bank's printer and get them stampted.

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

hi reply to both the problems

Post by ashu.doc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 am

The documents must be original, on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation. They must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.

Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments (such as shares, bonds and pension funds), regardless of notice, are not acceptable.

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Post by ashu.doc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:36 am

But I need to ask a ques also, whether the passbook of the banks showing last 3 months statement would do? do they submit everything in original with them? If yes, then how do they send it back safely?

vinny

Re: Maintenance Funds Query

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 pm

vbrksa wrote:Hi everyone

Many thanks.

V
See also maintaince fund...
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Most of UK banks have their international branches all over the world, see if ur bank has any branch where u live and see whether they can help on this matter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:38 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DooDaL
Newly Registered

Post by DooDaL » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi All

I am planning to apply for Tier 2 general. need kind advice.

" IF MY SPONSOR PROVIDES ME THE CoS WITH THE MAINTENANCE LETTER FOR NEXT 3 MONTHS."

DO I NEED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF MAINTENANCE FUNDS?

REGARDS

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:35 pm

You dont need to provide any other proof of maintenance but Ur sponsor must be A rated and they should mention in COS that they will support u.

Regards