ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Checklist - Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sharptide
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Checklist - Queries

Post by sharptide » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi Seniors,

Sorry for the lengthly query - hope you can bare with it.

I am currently on Tier 2 Visa and my Wife is on Tier-1 Visa. I am planning to go back to Home Country (India) and apply for Tier - 1 Dependent Visa on 3rd August. I will be travelling to India on 1st Aug.

Though my Visa is valid till 11th July 2011, my Tier 2 Visa will be invalidated/Siezed by my Company on 30th July.
Owing to Weekends, this will be reflected on the UKBA systems on 2nd August. So basically I might be overstaying for a day but believe as I have travelled on my own expenses and within grace period this should not be a problem. However I have not seen in VAF10 form to mention anything about overstay. In which section should I be mentioning this that I might have overstayed for 1 day?

The following are the documents that I am planning to submit as part of the Tier - 1 Dependent Visa Application. Can this be validated please?

My VISA Documents
1. Duly Filled VAF-10 Form
2. Photographs adherence to VISA
3. My Passport

Wife's VISA Documents
1. Wife's Full Passport page Photocopies (Not Attested or signed by Notary believe this wont be required)

Relationship Documents
1. Marriage Certificate (In English)
2. Marriage Photographs (around 8 including reception etc)
3. Marriage Invitation Card & Reception Card
4. Marriage Invitation Emails (both from my End & Wife's end)
5. Phone Call history print outs from Internet

Accomodation
1. Tenancy Agreement (Includes my Name and Wife's Name)
2. TV License (only with Wife's Name)
3. Council Tax Bill (includes my Name and Wife's Name)
4. My UK Bank Statements for 6 months (To show Address - can also be used for Maintanence Funds)

Employment
1. Wife's Employment Reference Letter from Employer

Maintanence Funds
1. Wife's Saving Account Bank Statements for 6 Months (This account has got enough funds to show)
2. Wife's Current Account Bank Statements for 6 Months (would not need these but just in case. Will have transaction details between us and also Salary deposited into Account)

Covering Letter
1. Dependent Covering Letter
2. Wife's Covering Letter about Sponsorship

Will the above be sufficient or Am I missing something in the above list of documents to be submitted?

Also addtionally I have some queries which presumably you can help with. These might be stupid questions, but I wanted to really check with you.
1. My wife's name is not changed including the Surname name in any of the documents. We have kept everything as it is. Also on Wife's Passport or on my Passport there is NO entry about spouse name. Is this essential?
2. Also it is required that my wife addresses a Letter to mention that the name is not changed and the references to her name is same in all places?
3. After a month of our marriage due to official purposes I was in UK and my Wife was in India. However currently for the past 3 months we are staying together and proof of the same is mentioned above. Will this cause any issue as we were not together for a period of 4 months due to official work and VISA processing? Would it be better to notify about this in the Covering Letter?
4. To be Safe should we be creating a Joint Account and produce details about it. Considering the timescales involved this could be a little difficult - but is it really required? Also even if a joint Account is created it will be very near to the VISA application and is evidant to caseworker that is created only for VISA purpose.
5. Should I be notifying the complete details on how we met, married etc in the covering letter?
6. Do I need to produce Payslips of my Wife along with Employment Reference Letter? If so do I need to get them stamped and signed by the Employer.

I would highly appreciate if you help me with out with the above taking your time. Hoping for early responses/inputs.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:09 pm

If your visa expires on 11-July but you exit UK on 1-Aug, then you'll be overstaying in the UK for 20/21 days, not just 1. You entitlement to enter / remain in the UK is dependent on your visa ... and not your WP/Tier 2 sponsorship.

regards

sharptide
Newly Registered

Post by sharptide » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:17 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If your visa expires on 11-July but you exit UK on 1-Aug, then you'll be overstaying in the UK for 20/21 days, not just 1. You entitlement to enter / remain in the UK is dependent on your visa ... and not your WP/Tier 2 sponsorship.

regards
My Tier-2 visa is expiring on 11-July-2011 not 2010.
However it is be a different case where my employer will invalidate the visa after 30th July 2010 as I will be moving out of that job on 30th july 2010 but the dates wont be known when exactly the visa siezer will be at UKBA but it should certainly be after 30th July 2010.

Can you please advice on the other queries. Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Oops! My mistake ... apologies.

regards

sharptide
Newly Registered

Post by sharptide » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 pm

No worries sushdmehta
Can u help me with my queries pls

Thanks

sharptide
Newly Registered

Post by sharptide » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi Seniors,
Can you please help on the above queries.
I need the details a bit urgently - please help.

Thanks.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa Checklist - Queries

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:48 pm

sharptide wrote:Hi Seniors,

Sorry for the lengthly query - hope you can bare with it.

I am currently on Tier 2 Visa and my Wife is on Tier-1 Visa. I am planning to go back to Home Country (India) and apply for Tier - 1 Dependent Visa on 3rd August. I will be travelling to India on 1st Aug.

Though my Visa is valid till 11th July 2011, my Tier 2 Visa will be invalidated/Siezed by my Company on 30th July.
Owing to Weekends, this will be reflected on the UKBA systems on 2nd August. So basically I might be overstaying for a day but believe as I have travelled on my own expenses and within grace period this should not be a problem. However I have not seen in VAF10 form to mention anything about overstay. In which section should I be mentioning this that I might have overstayed for 1 day? I dont think this needs mentioning as you have visa till next year.

The following are the documents that I am planning to submit as part of the Tier - 1 Dependent Visa Application. Can this be validated please?

My VISA Documents
1. Duly Filled VAF-10 Form
2. Photographs adherence to VISA
3. My Passport

Wife's VISA Documents
1. Wife's Full Passport page Photocopies (Not Attested or signed by Notary believe this wont be required) Better get them notarized. Find one here http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/find-a-notary

Relationship Documents
1. Marriage Certificate (In English)
2. Marriage Photographs (around 8 including reception etc) Include some group Photos
3. Marriage Invitation Card & Reception Card
4. Marriage Invitation Emails (both from my End & Wife's end)
5. Phone Call history print outs from Internet

Accomodation
1. Tenancy Agreement (Includes my Name and Wife's Name)
2. TV License (only with Wife's Name)
3. Council Tax Bill (includes my Name and Wife's Name)
4. My UK Bank Statements for 6 months (To show Address - can also be used for Maintanence Funds)

Employment
1. Wife's Employment Reference Letter from Employer

Maintanence Funds
1. Wife's Saving Account Bank Statements for 6 Months (This account has got enough funds to show)
2. Wife's Current Account Bank Statements for 6 Months (would not need these but just in case. Will have transaction details between us and also Salary deposited into Account)

Covering Letter
1. Dependent Covering Letter
2. Wife's Covering Letter about Sponsorship

Will the above be sufficient or Am I missing something in the above list of documents to be submitted?

Also addtionally I have some queries which presumably you can help with. These might be stupid questions, but I wanted to really check with you.
1. My wife's name is not changed including the Surname name in any of the documents. We have kept everything as it is. Also on Wife's Passport or on my Passport there is NO entry about spouse name. Is this essential? If you have time better add your spouse name in both passports. No need to change her surname.
2. Also it is required that my wife addresses a Letter to mention that the name is not changed and the references to her name is same in all places? No
3. After a month of our marriage due to official purposes I was in UK and my Wife was in India. However currently for the past 3 months we are staying together and proof of the same is mentioned above. Will this cause any issue as we were not together for a period of 4 months due to official work and VISA processing? Would it be better to notify about this in the Covering Letter? Not necessary. But if you want to you can. But, dont make a lengthy covering letter
4. To be Safe should we be creating a Joint Account and produce details about it. Considering the timescales involved this could be a little difficult - but is it really required? Also even if a joint Account is created it will be very near to the VISA application and is evidant to caseworker that is created only for VISA purpose. Not necessary
5. Should I be notifying the complete details on how we met, married etc in the covering letter? I dont think you need to include these details. Again if you want to you can.
6. Do I need to produce Payslips of my Wife along with Employment Reference Letter? If so do I need to get them stamped and signed by the Employer. Present a few payslips though not necessary. No harm in doing so.

I would highly appreciate if you help me with out with the above taking your time. Hoping for early responses/inputs.

Thanks.

sharptide
Newly Registered

Post by sharptide » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Thanks Aruni4470,

1. My wife's name is not changed including the Surname name in any of the documents. We have kept everything as it is. Also on Wife's Passport or on my Passport there is NO entry about spouse name. Is this essential? If you have time better add your spouse name in both passports. No need to change her surname.

For the above query is it very much needed to have the spouse name added to the passport, as my wife is now in UK cant get that done on her passport.
And getting the name added onto my passport will take some time as once I am back in India I have to get it done - not sure how long that can take.

By any chance do you know usually how long it can take to get the spouse name added onto the passport and what documents are needed?

Also is it very much necessary?

Regards.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:23 pm

sharptide wrote:Thanks Aruni4470,

For the above query is it very much needed to have the spouse name added to the passport, as my wife is now in UK cant get that done on her passport.
And getting the name added onto my passport will take some time as once I am back in India I have to get it done - not sure how long that can take.

By any chance do you know usually how long it can take to get the spouse name added onto the passport and what documents are needed?

Also is it very much necessary?

Regards.
Not sure whether this is absolutely necessary. But you can get it done here in UK at Indian High Commission as well. Marriage certificate should be enough. Check with them how long it will take. http://hcilondon.in/passport.php
'For Addition/deletion of spouse name, a marriage certificate/death certificate/divorce decree, as the case may be, is to be submitted with the application.'

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 pm

My two cents -

I and my partner have not included each other's name in the passport, continue to keep our original surname in the passport, and have different addresses mentioned in our passport - never had any problem whatsoever (UK or other countries).

The point being - it is your wish if you want to get these things done. I don't believe your EC can be rejected if your surname is not reflected in your wife's passport, or if your passports don't show the same address or if your names are not included in each others' passport .... or something similar.

On a lighter note - we both believe it is a good thing .. it will save a lot of hassle when we divorce! :P

regards

sharptide
Newly Registered

Post by sharptide » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi aruni4470,

1. Wife's Full Passport page Photocopies (Not Attested or signed by Notary believe this wont be required) Better get them notarized. Find one here http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/find-a-notary

Can you advice if I need to notarize my wife's passport photocopies. I have not found anything on Policy Guidance metioning about this.
If it is to be notarized is it required on all the passport pages (full 36 pages?) or only the Front, Back and Visa pages only? Please advice.

Thanks.