ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for PSW before my results

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

edream2010
Newly Registered

Can I apply for PSW before my results

Post by edream2010 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Hello. I am university student here. I wanted to Apply for PSW. As I had to Resit my project due to which my Visa are expiring before the results are announced . however my professor is ready to write me a letter confirming that I have passed my project and degree will be issued.

will this be enough to apply for visa.

Please advice.. thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:04 pm

The policy guidance clearly explains what evidence must be submitted when the qualification / degree is yet to be awarded.

edream2010
Newly Registered

Post by edream2010 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:44 pm

But.. My university's internation student advisor says this will not work as HO need offial letter from university.. the Professor letter will not be accepted...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:39 am

As suggested, read the guidance - and all ifs and buts will disappear.

regards

wabuthu

Post by wabuthu » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:12 am

edream2010 wrote:But.. My university's internation student advisor says this will not work as HO need offial letter from university.. the Professor letter will not be accepted...
as you have been advised by sushdmehta it's always best to read the official UKBA guidance first-hand for yourself as it will arm you with the correct knowledge....it's always best to use the forum afterwards to clarify such things otherwise if you just use the forum you could be mislead.

with that said, if i recall correctly (and could be wrong)...i think as long as the university is willing to give you a CAS letter then that is what you will need to use for your application (in addition to other requirements in the guidance like maintenance etc).

please read sush's link as he is trying to assist you.

here's another link from ukcisa: http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... k.php#fail

I have copy/pasted abit of the info below:

"Can you stay if you fail an exam or need to retake a module?

You are allowed to re-sit examinations or repeat modules. If you need to extend your immigration permission in order to do this, you should apply in the usual way, with a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from your institution (see below).
If your college or university thinks you will not pass or is otherwise not happy with your progress, it might refuse to support your immigration application for more time to complete your studies. If it does not issue you with a CAS, you cannot make your immigration application and you will have to find a different institution or leave the UK."

all the best :)
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa